Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Just had all my tools nicked !
  • tony24
    Free Member

Got on site started work went to my van and found everything gone 36v battery drill x2 brand new battery drill every hand tool i own.

Gutted is all i can say i earn my living with those tools and now i am buggered.

Merry christmas…

boblo
    Free Member

Sorry tony but did you leave the means by which you earn a living in the van overnight?

Not helpful I know, but surely a lesson learned?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thats a shame, hope they’re insured.

tony24
    Free Member

It was done outside the site not outside my house. Genrally my tools are with me not sat in my van.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Not helpful I know

Exactly…

So give the poor bugger a break.. 🙄

alfabus
    Free Member

insured?

edlong
    Free Member

Are we talking an “inside job” then – someone on site took ’em?

Any CCTV?

My sympathies, puts the loss of leisure equipment (i.e. nicked bikes) in perspective, hope you’re able to replace them and get back working quickly.

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry. There are some thieving gits around. Hope they are insured and you can get back up and running PDQ.

tony24
    Free Member

Insurance is being funny i am insured for carrage of goods but not for my tools which i cant make sense of not looked into it to much yet as i have not get my insurance documents with me.

There is a big chance its someone off site with the amount of foreign workers there but no cctv where my van was. Just crap tbh.

alfabus
    Free Member

There is a big chance its someone off site with the amount of foreign workers there

this’ll go well; biscuit anyone?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Kettle is just about boiled. Herbal tea anyone?

sweepy
    Free Member

Aye I might be misinterpreting what you said but you lost me there.
    Still sorry for your troubles tho.

sugdenr
    Free Member

The problem is that they are usually no so much opportunisitc as very skilled at this particular kind of theiving and will empty your van as efficiently as a commando raid.
    A builder turned over in time it took him to load one load of tools from van in my driveway to the back of the house. Uncle turned over in less time than took to drink cup of tea, they broke in and unloaded through the cab because van parked with no room for side access. Bloke bough a breaker off me because he was fencing on a dual carriageway central reservation and was 50 yards from pickup, blokes stopped in fast lane, leaned over and grabbed all the contents then drove off nearly running over chap legging towards them. A plumber of mine, van emptied in Tesco carpark in time it took to walk in and buy a sandwich at lunchtime.
    Cold comfort but least you know your are not alone.

passtherizla
    Free Member

not nice at all….

globalti
    Free Member

Blokes in a white van drove into our factory compound where builders were working, asked one of the factory lads if they could just borrow the pallet truck for a mo then drove off with it….

tony24
    Free Member

Well considering afew groups of them have been kicked off for stealing it would not suprise me hence me saying it !

But i cannot carry my tools on my back 24/7 so if someone see’s an oppurtinity they will take it

alfabus
    Free Member

Well considering afew groups of them have been kicked off for stealing it would not suprise me hence me saying it !

That would be ‘thieves’, rather than ‘foreigners’ though, wouldn’t it?

Dave

Gary_M
    Free Member

There is a big chance its someone off site with the amount of foreign workers

Well you’ve lost any sympathy I had for you.

cranberry
    Free Member

Tony – that sucks, hope you get them back, and that the thieves every shit is a chilli covered hedgehog.

Sorry tony but did you leave the means by which you earn a living in the van overnight?

And presumably you think that rape victims are “asking for it” as well ? There is never any excuse for theft. End of.

tony24
    Free Member

Lol well i cant call them english workers and they are from all over the place dont speak a word of english so forein no?

There the only 1’s to get kicked off the site for stealing there underpaid and take there chances . I would not steal anoter mans tools i know how important they are to some people !

Gary_C

alfabus – Member

That would be ‘thieves’, rather than ‘foreigners’ though, wouldn’t it?

🙄

That would be foreign thieves I think is what you’re trying to say.

Gary_M – Member

Well you’ve lost any sympathy I had for you.

FFS, it doesn’t take long for the politically correct arse wipes to appear does it…

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d rather be a politically correct arse wipe than racist scum, but there you go.

alfabus
    Free Member

Lol well i cant call them english workers and they are from all over the place dont speak a word of english so forein no?

There the only 1’s to get kicked off the site for stealing there underpaid and take there chances . I would not steal anoter mans tools i know how important they are to some people !

Presumably there are foreigners on site who don’t nick stuff, and there are probably English workers without your morals who do steal (you don’t nick stuff because you’re not a thief, rather than because you are English).

If you had said “There is a big chance it’s someone off site with the amount of foreign underpaid, dodgy workers” then that would not be a prejudiced, xenophobic view and you would have universal agreement and sympathy.

Dave

alfabus
    Free Member

I’d rather be a politically correct arse wipe than racist scum, but there you go.

I agree with the sentiment of this, but I wouldn’t really call pointing out prejudice ‘political correctness’, just manners. I also wouldn’t go so far to call what tony24 said ‘racist’, just ‘xenophobic’.

Dave

boblo
    Free Member

cranberry – Member
    <snip> And presumably you think that rape victims are “asking for it” as well

Don’t be silly, go and have a quiet word with yourself…

cranberry – Member
    End of.

Indeed, thank goodness.

tony24
    Free Member

Gary m chill out no need to call me scum is there ?

Blimey

Gary_M
    Free Member

Gary m chill out no need to call me scum is there ?

😯 🙄

jp-t853

Very sorry for you I hope you can borrow tools off the other guys to keep going.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Opportunist theft seems to be on the increase. Had a chainsaw knicked from my shed a couple of months ago, a flat across the road was burgled, and have twice recently spotted youths trying car doors as they walk down the street at night, which hasn’t been something I’ve seen before round here. Also fruit knicked from an allotment near mine in the summer!

khani
    Free Member

This is going well 🙄 sympathys op 😥
    You’ll find it between shit an syphilis in the stw dictionary……

curtisthecat
    Free Member

This stuff is priceless! Original poster complains about getting tools nicked and gets loads of sympathy, then proceeds to blame it on foreign workers. All very ironic considering the poster seems to have the spelling and grammar of mentioned “foreign” workers!

Taff
    Free Member

Two years ago one of my sites had a van emptied of tools. A week later they made off with a van as well as the tools. They caught up with tehm luckily witha house full of tools so managed to get everthing back. I hope you manage to get it all back so you don’t have down time waiting for insurance payouts if you’re covered.

tony24
    Free Member

Curtisthecat apologies for my grammar typing on a iPhone is not fantastic. You clearly don’t give a stuff so could you do 1 rather than complain about how I spell and type ?

cheers.

Cougar

Are there some nice white workers on site that you could borrow some tools from, perhaps?

Gary_M
    Free Member

White people can be ‘foreign’ too you know, polish for example, ‘foreign’ folk don’t have to be black.

tony24
    Free Member

most are white did not say they were black… foreign can mean anything hence me saying it. 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

most are white did not say they were black… foreign can mean anything hence me saying it.

<sigh>

long post about why bigotry, xenophobia and prejudice are bad deleted… CBA.

Dave

jonahtonto
    Free Member

nightmare, ive lost tools like this before chainsaws, strimmer and mower out of the back window of the van while i was 50ft away, almost cost me my house as i couldn’t work without them. took me ages to get back to where i was before.
    watch the racism though, there is no need for that.

Nick

I can’t detect any racism, foreign is not a race.

A little prejudice maybe, but then we all have a little bias, preference on occasion so hardly a lynching offence and excusable given that he’s just had his livelihood taken away, emotional time, so why not give him a break and ffs calm down.

monksie
    Free Member

Soooo…….what tools Tony? I have a pretty big hammer drill and a load of drill bits, some gert big and small hammers, spirit levels and a few other bits and pieces you can have to get you earnng again until you can restock. South Manchester based if it’s any good?
    Anybody else want to help the guy out?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Just had all my tools nicked !’ is closed to new replies.