Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Just been Egged
  • simmy
    Free Member

Out on the Road Bike.

Some scallies in a Knackered old Fiesta – thought they had chucked a pop can or simular – they hit my camelbak and I didnt notice till I got home and took it off.

So using a Camelbak does pay off…….. 😉

Ive a photographic memory for reg plates so is it worth ringing the Police about it or just let it go ?

Im not too fussed about it but they could throw them at someone walking a dog or a jogger.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ive a photographic memory for reg plates so is it worth ringing the Police about it or just let it go ?

Report it.

brakes
    Free Member

bit late for mischief night isn’t it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Report worth them getting a visit.

andyl
    Free Member

classed as assault I think.

Next time it could be a childs face (had to get that in there before anyone else)

Bez

If you wore a Camelbak on a road bike then frankly the egg seems well-deserved 🙂

Yes, dob ’em in. It’s assault, albeit not a very exciting one, but the rest of us would probably be grateful to have fewer people out there lobbing stuff at us. Plus, if they’re out lobbing stuff at people then they’re probably the sort to be doing other petty crimes as well so it may be an opportunity for plod to find out more.

Bez

Next time it could be a childs face

If they throw a child’s face at you then definitely report it.

djc1245
    Free Member

Mention drink/driving weaving all over the road, they will regret it then

simmy
    Free Member

bit late for mischief night isn’t it?

They were rotten as well so must have been left over….

when I say road bike its more of an hybrid not a racer

Gonna ring the Police and give them the details

andyl
    Free Member

tbh it’s just one more dick that doesnt deserve a license.

masterbetty
    Free Member

I would also mention that they exposed themselves and touched you.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Got egged a few months back. Lobbed it from their car , it smacked me in the back and didn’t break. Was a tad sore after though.
    It broke when it hit the road after bouncing off my back

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m sure you thought they were on drugs…

project
    Free Member

Had this last year black volkswagen, saw the same car a few weeks latter so tapped on window, midle aged chap driving, explained to him what happened and the date, as he didnt look like the type to throw eggs, he said his car was geting serviced that day and would be having words with the garage,result.

oh and wash it quick eggs really stick and stink after a few days.

hh45
    Free Member

I predict this thread will be followed tomorrow by a thread along the lines of ‘the Police did nothing / arrested me for wasting time / shot me ‘.

Sadly the Police are so anti cyclist and so self obsessed with how over worked they are they have forgotten why they exist. Gits.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I got egged, I got the number plate, I reported the car, the police assigned an officer to follow it up.

The officer was also a cyclist, and was quite tenacious in visiting the address the car was registered to until someone was in, and letting me know updates. She gave me the choice of pressing charges, I said just a telling off would do.

So – always report.

brooess
    Free Member

Do people carry eggs in the car with them ready to launch at cyclists? 😯
    Even if I wanted to throw an egg at someone, I don’t have a ready collection in my car… you’d have to have something wrong with you if you go out prepared…

enfht
    Free Member

Maybe an eagle swooped down and laid an egg on your camelbak, and the scallies in the car only wound their windows down to watch.

I personally think this is what happened.

ryanctj
    Free Member

Technically it’s an assault, if you reported it as such the police would be duty bound to investigate it if that is what you wanted them to do. Should you do so, the likely outcome is you give a statement, the suspect is arrested, although a conviction is unlikely unless there are other witnesses, so the offender would most likely be arrested then released without charge.

binners

Report them? For assault? For chucking an egg at you? Yep – the police will thank you for that. I bet they’ve nowt better to do. They won’t look at you with a look of utter contempt, while thinking ‘what a girlchild?’ I see we’ve entered BedwetterTrackWorld again 🙄

andyl
    Free Member

So it’s okay for them to keep going around throwing eggs and then maybe progressing to bottles, trying to knock people off etc etc? I know it seems petty but what if it’s not a one off and what if one day they seriously hurt someone or already have?

Report them, it all goes on file so even if nothing is done this time it builds up a picture.

On the flip side yes it might be a one off and not worth bothering with but these days that seems less likely.

druidh
    Free Member

It was binners wot did it 😯

scotchegg
    Free Member

Binners, I can tell you now this type of thing is better reported than some interesting requests for service I have had.

A friends father was knocked unconcious by a tit in a car, an egg in the eye can blind.

OP get it reported, it’s worthy of a section 59 warning against the driver and the vehicle at the very least. Their driving amounted to harassment alarm and distress.

binners

I was actually egged at rivi recently, out on the bike. From a chaved up corsa. I was quite impressed with the fact they managed to score a direct hit on 2 of us, coming past at quite a speed. They’d be handy lobbing hand grenades in Helmand

Graduating from throwing eggs to throwing bottles? Really? That’s all a bit of a Daily Mail style ‘we’re going to he’ll in a hand basket’ style leap, isn’t it?

Seriously… If you think that qualifies as assault, then god help you if you do actually find yourself on the receiving end of something that does actually fit the description

swiss01
    Free Member

coincidentally i once had some mates who were done for ‘assault with a cucumber sandwich’ in a very similar incident. charges dropped in the end after a talking too. perhaps had they not been coming from the cricket club it might have been different…

andyl
    Free Member

Multiple skull fractures and disarming someone holding a knife to my eye amongst other things when living in a less desirable area means yes I think I can put throwing eggs into perspective, thanks 🙄

Throwing eggs is one thing but throwing anything from a moving car is another and if it’s hard it’s probably going to have a high chance of hurting someone. Why should there be any justification/excuse for someone who wants to do that?

djglover
    Free Member

In a momeny of high jinx, I once threw a pain au chocolat out of the sunroof of a moving car. Should I turn myself in? To be honest I was done at that and never progressed to the harder stuff, baguettes etc

stumpy01

Makes a mental note that binners won’t report me for throwing eggs at him…

Woo!

How many could I get away with I wonder?

njee20
    Free Member

Sod that, lets progress to bottles!

theotherjonv

Sod whether it could be a baby’s face next time, or whether they’ll progress to bottles full of piss next (yes, had that). If you don’t report it, i guess it has to be considered acceptable behaviour.

Posting it on an internet forum won’t make them rethink. A visit from the police might.

kayak23

So, the egg came first. If I was you I’d be watching my back for anyone trying to throw a Chicken at you next. 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

Yes it’s assault and damn right you should report it (and ignore knobs like Binners). You don’t need a bottle thrown at you to cause injury, not only can an egg hurt (they don’t always break on impact) but the shock effect could easily cause a crash. Plus there’s the whole issue of the tossers having no respect for cyclists, who’s to say they won’t up the ante and push people or run them off the road (just for a giggle ofc because it’s all so harmless and hilarious…)?

teamslug
    Free Member

Guy from Barnsley was out on his bike round Bawtry/Donnie way and was actually pushed off his bike by some yoofs in a passing car at about 25mph. Was in quite a bad way IIRC.

allthepies
    Free Member

Had a egg lobbed at my car a few years back, cracked the paintwork on the car around the impact area 🙄

nbt

Didn’t our mutual friend Aristotle get hit by a bottle thrown from a car? And did he not follow it up with the police, resulting in a conviction for the bottle thrower?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Report them – it will put the shits up them and might even mean them getting their pocket money docked 😆

landcruiser
    Free Member

I’ve not been egged. But a couple of weeks ago whilst on the road a car overtook me then moved in to the left in front of me… Slowed right down and then operated its windscreen and headlamp washers repeatedly !!! I guess not too dangerous though I’m glad I was wearing glasses as the liquid smelt strongly of washer additive which could cause problems.
    Just one person in the car, I cannot understand what their motive could be !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Say that they egged you and then stopped and touched you here ^, here > and here V 😯

binners

nbt – that was a full bottle wasn’t it? That’s a different ball game altogether. What I’m saying here is that a sense of perspective may be in order. Hoying an egg at someone, doubtless seen as a bit of a laugh at the time with your mates, is a hell of a lot different from lobbing full bottles at people!

And saying that one will lead to the other comes straight from the Daily Mail canon that says if you smoke a spliff, you’ll be living some kind of Trainspotting style, Heroin dependent existence within a month. Its just nonsense.

Did people never do stuff when you were younger, that, with hindsight were just bloody daft, but never intended to be malicious? I know I did.

Anyway… it seems that a lot of people seem to have been egged. This could help us answer one of life’s eternal questions – if you throw an egg over a house, will it break?

Of those who’ve been egged, did it break when it hit you? The one that hit me didn’t, yet it did when it bounced off my arm and hit the floor

Maybe we should all take a leaf out of 2 jags book eh….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBqfuUiBpXs[/video]

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Just been Egged’ is closed to new replies.