Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • John Lewis no longer price matching?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just rang them to ask about a price match….following their guidance on their website.

Lady immediately said that they do not price match other companies, only if I purchase from them and they drop the price they will refund.

Is this new?

peteimpreza

Yes

andrewreay

Yes – they have a new sheriff in town…

JL will end price match

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allanoleary
    Free Member

Proper shops are stopping it as they simply can’t afford it any more. Evans stopped it recently as well

bigG
    Free Member

We’ve never only ever price matched certain comparable businesses, it depends what you’re buying and who from. NKU (never knowingly undersold) is still part of our commercial offering to customers.

So, before I can say the partner you spoke to is right or wrong, what are you buying and who do you want us to price match?

G (I am a partner and I manage the contact centres so if you give me enough detail I can have the call listened to and checked for quality of advice and experience)

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

do they not match physical store prices,

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s some response right there, awesome 🙂

Drac

This place never fails to amaze me.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

bigG – The item was a Garmin 245, price matched against run4it.

I didnt even get as far as that bit of the conversation though. It was as soon as requested a price match in conversation, it was just a blanket we don’t do that.

Subsequently I emailed in and already have had a response agreeing to the price match !

Pieface

My understanding was that they don’t price match before you purchase, only after. I thought it had been like that for years.

bigG
    Free Member

Dunc, glad it got sorted, I also manage the teams that support the online process so I’m happy to hear they got back to you so quickly. Enjoy your Garmin.

Pieface, that’s not the case. if you want to know more you can look here

G

fubar
    Free Member

The item was a Garmin 245

currently £179 on Amazon!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

currently £179 on Amazon!

Yeah but I currently have £100 of JL vouchers I can use !

paulneenan76
    Free Member

BigG – can you get me a friendly discount on a coat my wife wants from me for Christmas 😉

bigG
    Free Member

no Paul I can’t.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Can we all give BigG a round of applause for great customer management!

He engaged with the customer through a non-standard channel and immediately offered to help if given the required information.

Even better was the fact that the correct channels responded so quickly and correctly the intervention was not required.

There’s one for the next monthly meeting discussions.

Drac

My understanding was that they don’t price match before you purchase, only after. I thought it had been like that for years.

Not all the times I’ve used price match it hasn’t.

poolman
    Free Member

I don’t know why jl price match I just bought a washer from them, installed in London, old one taken away. I live in Spain and organised it from here. Premium service at assume race to the bottom pricing.

Some premium retailers here in Spain are heavily discounting, I just bought some Bose nc headphones on the high st at Amazon prices, they were on a sort of flash sale last week and now back up to full rrp.

I love the jl customer reviews, it’s worse than here for cliches

Kuco

I never mind paying that little bit extra for certain items from JL as past experience has always been brilliant at sorting out any rare problems I have encountered.

Just literally picked up a new iPad Air tonight from them due to having a load of JL vouchers to use up.

stevextc
    Free Member

The item was a Garmin 245

Unless it’s changed you get the 2yr electronics guarantee as well.,

bigG
    Free Member

Yep, still two year guarantee and I have the pleasure of managing the contact centre who’ll take your call if it breaks as well (which I’m sure it won’t)

G

winston
    Free Member

I hope John Lewis doesn’t price match too aggressively and participate in a death spiral to the bottom. I buy loads of stuff from them online because the customer service just works, especially if you live near a Waitrose. Yes they need to be fairly priced but I wouldn’t want them to sacrifice the excellent service,   extra warranty etc just to price match  Curry’s or some other awful big box warehouse.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I love the JL retrospective price match. Bought a Pixel 4a 3 weeks ago at £349, 5 mins on the website and 24hrs later the refund cash is in my account👏

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

no Paul I can’t.

I read this in Hal 9000’s voice, I’m not sure why.

I think I’m too used to dealing with Amazon.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

BigG – I know you manage the call centre side, but do you have any influence on the warehouse teams?

6 days in and no sign of it even been dispatched yet very slow and unusual for JL

bigG
    Free Member

Hi Dunc, I speak to the heads of distributions each and every day, including weekends, but they don’t line into me. I’m not that big a cheese.

Standard delivery proposition is seven to ten days (if you’re too mean to pay for premium delivery) so it should be picked, packed and dispatched in time to be with you. The good news is that we’re not failing on delivery propositions despite the huge volume of packages we’re handling since we became pretty much a 100% online business with the English stores being closed. The delivery timescale should have been made clear when you placed the order and chose your delivery option? I’d be interested to know if it wasn’t. Standard delivery (outside of peak) is usually much quicker but at this time of year we have no real option but to flex it out a bit. I could go into the numbers and the detail of volumes of packaged but it’s not for public consumption.

Sorry that I can’t secure resource to scurry off and find your particular order but if it doesn’t arrive on time with the quoted timescale please do feel free to contact one of my lovely, skillful, warm, friendly and helpful contact handling team by webchat, asyncronous messaging, call (or email if you’re in the old school) and give them the details. They’ll be more than happy to help. They’re a great bunch of people I think (I am perhaps a little biaised).

I would ask you not to make contact though until it’s closer to your day of delivery (which should be on your confirmation email) .

Cheers

G

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

BigG – excellent response again !

Dont worry it wasn’t a criticism – Mrs FD uses JL much more than I do, yes it did mention timescales at ordering. Last time I used JL turnaround was very quick ie ordered and delivery within 2 days.

sadexpunk

This place never fails to amaze me.

+1. it’s our own version of the masons on here, but betterer 😀

Cougar

I tried to think of an example of a Masonic greeting and the first thing that popped into my head was “gronda gronda.”

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘John Lewis no longer price matching?’ is closed to new replies.