Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • JOGLE – training?
  • dalepoint
    Free Member

Well as one of the other guys riding with foxy. I am the one looking at the accomadation. I have no desire to stay in hostels thankyou to old for that nonsence. Adventure spirit yes we like to know where we are going mapping it is part of the fun for us. planning is part of the adventure without a plan you have nothing. When you have a family responsabilities a wife etc. you have a short window of opertunity to do this. time is limited. planning makes the best use of the time available. Your life is not the guide for all and everyone else to live theres buy.
    sorry about speeling and grammer not my strong point

brack
    Free Member

Like I said…im sorry.

Adventure and inspirational stories are things that I have always admired in people. I am not asking anyone to live their lives the way that someone else has- I’m aware that my first post massively came across in that way but i guess typing concise and off the cuff replies on a phones keypad does not offer a structured or positive debate.

Perhaps I fear that this tiny island famed for it’s explorers and tenacious characters is becoming one populated by people who seek a sterile and structured ‘adventure experience’ based upon ‘cool camping’, 101 things to do before you die books,well groomed trail centres and magazine features?

Kind of ironic as I post a reply via an iPhone onto a mtb forum.. But that’s just me I love being a contradiction.

Have a great time!

druidh
    Free Member

Seriously brack – do you not have a blog or some other write-up we could read about your biking (and other) adventures? I’m sure we’d all find it very inspirational.

brack
    Free Member

Nope never had a blog….

A rucksack full of stories and a hard drive full of photographs.

In my mind and compared with the phenomenal people I’ve met …I’ve done nothing inspirational – but I get inspired by others!

foxyrider
    Free Member

No worries – Water under the bridge 🙂

We all have our aspirations – they just vary – most people in the UK have never even ridden more than 10 miles so….

I see myself in the 1 % of the country that has ridden a fair distance but one of the 99% of the 1% that and probably Mr average – I take my hat off to those who can push the boundaries but I have so many other interests in life that I feel I am a jack of all trades but a master of none.

Good on those who can push themselves to feets of endeavor but I am happy just doing my own thing – each to their own 🙂

Perhaps I fear that this tiny island famed for it’s explorers and tenacious characters is becoming one populated by people who seek a sterile and structured ‘adventure experience’ based upon ‘cool camping’, 101 things to do before you die books,well groomed trail centres and magazine features?

I think you will find that there are many more adventurous people in the UK recently than you think but maybe not as adventurous as you? I rarely ride trail centres as I have the whole of Dartmoor national park to ride – I do prefer the natural outdoors having done my stint in Cubs, Scouts and D of E 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘JOGLE – training?’ is closed to new replies.