Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jobs Galore
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Hoorah! For Witherspoons

The saviour of the British economy

Cheap beer, jobs, fights – what more could you ask for?!

jon1973
    Free Member

I prefer a nice quiet pub these days with an open fire, real ale and plenty of nice comfy chairs.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ghastly places!

TheSwede
    Free Member

I want an atmosphere. I love a party with a happy atmosphere.

tankslapper
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    I prefer a nice quiet pub these days with an open fire, real ale and plenty of nice comfy chairs.

They've got 50 real ales on their books and are members of CAMRA – the seats seem comfy enough, not sure about the real fire or the quiet bit tho' 😉

meehaja
    Free Member

I weirdly really enjoyed working for wetherspoons when i finished uni. hard work, but good pay (compared to other bar jobs) and regular pay rises for good deeds (I got a 5p per hour pay rise on my first day for staying late and cleaning up, not much but by the time i'd left after 3 months i'd gone up by 80 p per hour). Customers were knobs though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I got banned from a quiet wetherspoons for simply politely asking why the chap who came in after me (actually WITH me, but behind) (both 5 mins before last orders) got served and I didn't, especially as it was still just before last orders by their own clocks.

"hi, can I have a 2 pints of X and a glass of X please"
    "no, it's gone time"
    "sorry, has it, your clock says it's still before, and you haven't called last orders"
    "that clock is wrong"
    "no chance of it then? I did come in before that chap but he barged to the front and you served him first"
    "no, stop arguing and get out, you're barred"

😯

tankslapper
    Free Member

Customers were knobs though.

LOL! That's the one major failing Witherspoons has; cheap beer = knobs

Haven't been in one for ages, last time it was enjoying a quiet lunch time pint with the father-in-law back in February in Bridgend. What an atmosphere, you just knew it was all about to kick off! And it did – 6 women!! PMSL!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jobs Galore’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM