Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Jobless plus side
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I finish tomorrow. I’ve got no job to go to and limited savings.

On the other hand – woohoo!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is living in Cardiff a reason to be cheerful 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

No, not as such – but the weather forecast for the rest of the week is 🙂

nickegg
    Free Member

In Bristol it’s Woohoo for me too.

Been out of work for 3 months now and riding almost everyday. Thank god the weather has been so good. All the usual Bristol trails are great (compared to the usual sloppy state they’re in)

Just wish i had a car so i could actually ride other places apart from the trails within a 15 mile radius!!

freddyg
    Free Member

I finish on Friday. I’ve also got no job to go to and limited savings. Mind if I sit here for a while? 😥

nickegg
    Free Member

Liking the limited savings.

I have none! Used all my redundancy to pay rent, bills etc. Only just getting by on partners income, JSA and housing benefits.

Wedding in 5 weeks time is being paid for by future in-laws or else it was cancel it!!!!!

What a mess!

molgrips
    Free Member

Nickegg – just jump on a train and head over to Cwmcarn, Afan, or anywhere else in South Wales. Sorted 🙂 You can get up to Merthyr by train for the Beacons, or there’s Abergavenny too.

Oh and my wife’s not working and is about to have a baby. Got all the baby stuff we need but that means she can’t go out to work for a good while.

Trimix
    Free Member

Nickegg – snap ! except my missus is paying for it out of her massive pile of savings 🙂

nickegg
    Free Member

Trains aren’t exactly cheap or reliable IME.

Looking to do some of the alternative routes around Cwmcarn. Bored of the Twrch trail, Partner doesn’t like it much and need to find more riding in that area as it’s nice and close for weekend rides.

Molgrips – can i assume you know South Wales area well?

sharki
    Free Member

No work and no savings here too, but jobseekers benefit isn’t enough so whilst exploiting the fine weather band free time i’ve bust my collar bone…so know i’m 15 quid a week better off now thanks to ESA.

Just scrapped my car too so that’s another expense gone…

Somewhere i’m assured there’s a plus side to all this!

molgrips
    Free Member

Trains aren’t exactly cheap or reliable IME

If you aren’t trying to make a business appointment, trains are fine IME.

There’s TONS of riding around Cwmcarn and well, everywhere, I mean this is Wales 🙂 I know the area relatively well and have plenty of rides but I don’t have all the lowdown exactly around Cwmcarn like Scratch does.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I have used my limited savings, still haven’t cleared the cards, wife doesn’t work and still job hunting.

On the bright side the pump track is in excellent condition and I am putting in a new duel track.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

off peak trains are dead cheap if you book in advance

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Yes people!! I’m redundant as of tomorrow too!!! I can feel at least a month of riding coming on…. and then I suppose I may have to start the search for work. Fek.
    Any other Singletrackworlders part of the staff cull at Yell?
    Gonna miss the commute to work too.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This is the begining of my third week as a man of leisure. I’d ride everyday if it wasn’t for the damned inconvienience of a two year old!

Still, after working away all week every week since his birth, its nice being able to get to know him. The ever-building list of DIY jobs is also reducing for the first time I can remember too, and my bikes are almost serviced properly.

Garage/workshop is begining to take shape too. White washed walls all but complete, flourescent lighting is in. Storage is on the way up. oon all I will be missing is a space for the bed. I’m thinking permanent hammock fixure points. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Last day, lalala, last day!

I’m demob happy 🙂

lowey

Best of luck to you guys.

wonnyj
    Free Member

The ride from Port Talbot Station to Afan takes about 30minutes and is all offroad once you get past Tescos petrol station.

Train costs me about £2.20 from Swansea, though I know trains are a bit more expensive on the other side of the severn tunnel.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There is loads of riding around Cwmcarn, just up the road is Sirhowy valley and you can MTB all the way over to Cardiff on some wicked trails. Would love to come out and show you around but now living in Bicester (don’t do it, it’s rubbish!!!).

Good luck to you guys, hope it stays sunny so you can all chill out and get some riding in, relax for a week or so!! good luck

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Jobless plus side’ is closed to new replies.