Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Job Choices – Opinions Needed
  • shooterman

OK, after some soul searching my wife and I have decided to try to sort our issues out. I closed a business in early April and was unemployed for a while.

I got a temporary job covering for someone on stress leave which pays quite well. However, there’s a high staff turnover and I can see why this lady is off with stress. Not a very pleaseant working environment.

I’ve been looking for professional government jobs and I am about to start applying for some. However, the move to the public sector would likely become permanent and career limiting thereafter.

Should I just try to see if this locum job will last long enough for the economy to start to turn around? (I’m guessing Spring 2010)or should I just take the first half decent government job I can find?

gwilson
    Free Member

I would take the one that offers you the best quality of life, earning a big salary is great but if it comes with lots of stress, taking work home either physically or mentally and extra hours, then is it really worth impacting on your family life? A steady job, with a reasonable income, fixed hours and holiday, which also gives you quality time at home, without worrying about the “office” would be my option.

However this advice is free and you only get what you pay for!!!!! Im also sat typing this 5 days into a 42 day work period in deepest darkest Nigeria 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Job Choices – Opinions Needed’ is closed to new replies.