• This topic has 215 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by eskay.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 216 total)
  • #jennride 2021 Bikepacking Event South Lakes
  • postierich
    Free Member

Martin NHS APP 🙂

martinhutch

🙂

Will my ‘I’ve been vaccinated’ sticker do?

postierich
    Free Member

Fastrax system for the double vaccinated  🙂

AndrewL

Hi RIch, thanks again for the organizing.

Sorry for more questions but for the hard of thinking like me – I’m going to turn up on the morning on the bike ready to go – is registration and set off from the Eddie’s field camp site on the Saturday morning? Would be able to register Friday evening if not. And it sounds like we need a copy of the e-ticket and to be able to log in on the NHS app.

thank you

Andrew

nicolainick
    Free Member

The NHS app doesn’t work 4 us Welshies is there an alternative?

postierich
    Free Member

Registration open from 4pm Friday to collect event board sign in and if you wish scan in on the NHS App.

Camping available Friday and Sunday night if you wish.

Hawkshead Brewery for Pizza from More Bakery chippie will be open till 8pm Eagle and child will be open for food until 9pm

More Bakery from breakfast in the morning but there will be a coffee van in the field !

Please donate on the just giving site The £5 entry fee pays for toilets ,camping admin stuff

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Richard-Munro11?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_transaction_fundraiser_page_donation_received_-_nth_donation&utm_content=36d3a9b8-ef7f-4b95-956d-0ba851a0e654&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1623916884930

postierich
    Free Member

Nick not sure just you welshes stick together and don’t get close 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Just done some refunds there are 8 places up for grabs!

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/jennride2021-tickets-147677670889

robbo1234biking

How long are you staying open for registration on the Friday night Rich? I prob won’t get up there until 9 in the evening but want to set of early on the Saturday morning

jkomo

Will everyone be out in Staveley Friday night?

joelporter
    Free Member

Just checking but what is the route? I’ve been scouring sites and there is a link that was published here 2 months ago but with 5 days to go I haven’t received any official communication. It would be handy to have a link to the gps, I also like to carry a printed version. Thanks everyone, hopefully see you all sometime, somewhere on Saturday!

whitestone
    Free Member

Not sure if he’s posted it on this thread but Rich posted this over on Bearbones so it’s public – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35612923

You’ll have to download it via the “More” link and choose “Export as file” then choose your poison from the dialog.

joelporter
    Free Member

Thanks Whitestone, all downloaded, just wanted to make sure I was following the right year and not riding solo! #billynomates!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Rich – are any of the pubs/other eating establishments on route **not** taking cards now? I recall the pub in Seathwaite being quite unwilling to take card payment in 2019 – “we get charged too much”.

I’ve not used cash since March last year…!

Thanks

eskay

@postierich – Thanks for the latest message with the final route. Is this route any different to the one that was posted earlier in this thread (I have just marked that one out on my paper map).

Just about to make a donation to the hospice as well.

Thanks for organising, I am really looking forward to this.

postierich
    Free Member

Final route if anyone else is not doing the event feel free to use the  route and maybe donate on the just giving  site

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-munro11

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/map/map-c061abe–51?fbclid=IwAR2FwwnEdoP-2wKOKEz5-zP2IwA3ALYZFT4mquPd_6ITd7-17zRBP9CWk1g

AndrewL

I think the end is different with going over sadgill in a slightly more circuitous route.

I hope this is the only change as am in dale’s for  few days before heading over to lakes and have no way of updating my GPS whilst away from home!

I will get a decent ride in even if I am doing my own unique route!

postierich
    Free Member

Will have my laptop in the Brewery if anyone needs  an update.

whitestone
    Free Member

think the end is different with going over sadgill in a slightly more circuitous route.

Slightly different in Grizedale Forest – does the North Face Climb and doesn’t drop down Lawson Park.
    After Iron Keld the route goes round by Cathedral Quarry and then back over to Tilberthwaite.
    Doesn’t take the footpath on the west side of Blea Tarn but sticks to the road.
    Goes over to Sadgill then back over Green Quarter rather than direct up from Kentmere.

I think those are the only differences.

postierich
    Free Member

Please ride the footpath around Blea Tarn 🙂

eskay

Thanks all

martinhutch

Alltrails link isn’t working for me.

EDIT: The one on the email is, though.

postierich
    Free Member

Damn links are not working!!

joelporter
    Free Member

Latest route just published, not too different from the earlier one just a few tweaks:

Cut and paste this, seems to work:

alltrails.com/explore/map/map-c061

AndrewL

I think I have a lucky dip every time I go through grizedale anyway so it will be usual service!

Looking forward to it

postierich
    Free Member

alltrails.com/explore/map/map-c061

sandwicheater

I can’t get any of the above links to work.

martinhutch

Edit: nope.

martinhutch

Strava route link if it helps anyone, I think subscribers can grab the GPX off there.

https://www.strava.com/routes/2842333918639078140

whitestone
    Free Member

The Alltracks link is really ropey for me – the thumbnail at top left and the elevation profile always appear but the main map is purely random as to whether it’s shown or not. Just did a refresh and the main map appeared for about half a second before disappearing.

Not sure why Rich has used Alltracks rather than Ridewith GPS as with the earlier version.

sandwicheater

Managed to grab from @martinhutch Strava route, cheers budy.

johnx2
    Free Member

Strava route link if it helps anyone, I think subscribers can grab the GPX off there.

https://www.strava.com/routes/2842333918639078140

Free users also, ta!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Rich – are any of the pubs/other eating establishments on route **not** taking cards now? I recall the pub in Seathwaite being quite unwilling to take card payment in 2019 – “we get charged too much”.

We paid by card in the Seathwaite pub twice last month with no problems.
    Actually three times 😃

djflexure

Here is a revised version of the original AllTrails route if anyone is interested. I traced in Ride with GPS and adapted to the heatmap.Its more or less the same as the Strava route above but includes some sections of the North Face trail that are missed out + I tried to clean up in one or two areas.There is a cuesheet too but it looks a bit overbearing at first glance. Downloading the gpx as opposed to tcx should get ride of the cuesheet or I guess you can switch off notifications

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36524167

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks for posting those @martinhutch and @djflexure. I was half way through tidying the original RwGPS route when the amended route was published so that saves some pain. Looking forward to seeing you out there.

djflexure

I’ve updated turn by turn instructions – weeding out most of the chaff, so hopefully not as intrusive and more useful.

timf

Not done this ride before.

Is it just a case of turning up and starting to ride on Saturday morning, following the GPS route?

Is there any checking in and out ?

I live in Kendal so will probably just ride to the start.

Tim

whitestone
    Free Member

I think there’s a sign-on. In previous years you’ve been given a number/running board and it gets you a free/reduced coffee and cake at Alpkit or similar. Not sure what Rich has planned for this year. He’s mentioned having the NHS app on your phone to scan an event code but I’m not sure if that’s just for those camping up at the field.

postierich
    Free Member

Tim F sign in and out please so I know who is still out there. I have been sending messages out on the Eventbrite site!

295 riders room for 5 more if your game

£4500 target has been reached but pretty sure we can double that by the end of the ride

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-munro11

Bob yes Alltrails is a pain sorry  but ride gps was glitchy for me when I updated.

Weather looks goo rain today to dampen the dust!

Rich

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘#jennride 2021 Bikepacking Event South Lakes’ is closed to new replies.