Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • :”japanese” or Bidet toilet
  • Cougar

Is it just me that’s been mildly irritated for years with that Viz ‘Clag-Gone’ above, because the wheel is travelling in the wrong direction relative to the ejected debris? The chain needs to be crossed, otherwise you’d end up with an Inverse Badger down the underside of your gentleman’s carry-on luggage.

dudeofdoom

Went for a bidet in Spain, I (as you do) had a suite in the Barcelona railway station hotel that had a funky toilet which broke down on my first attempt.

We’ve got the hung toilet,bidet going on metal frames built into the walls.

chevychase

Not a lot to say about the bog but we moved into a house with a bidet and I will never again be without one.

chewkw
    Free Member

@ b33k34

Fitted a bum gun a few years back. Cheaper and less to go wrong. Really happy with it and will get around to fitting one on the downstairs loo someday.

I prefer this one too because it is similar to the set up in the far east, apart from Japan. Less to go wrong and cheaper as you say.

In SE Asia there are many squatting or seated toilet with a “hose pipe” beside it to be used as bidet shower. Since toilet paper is not a necessity in the countryside, most people just prefer washing rather than wiping.

holdsteady

we have Japanese toilets at work, they are always the most sought after of cubicles but they seem to be forever needing to be repaired so put me off getting one at home

FuzzyWuzzy

Had none of them installed a wall mounted toilet before? As has been said: you can get a frame. I used one for each of our wall mounted toilets. Easy to install. Covers up easily with some aqua board. Makes the connections simple. And is secure. Different heights are available

Yeah – one of those is fitted (that exact model I think), the problem is it doesn’t just need a secure floor fitting but it needs the top part fixed as well otherwise the frame can flex forward when there’s weight on the toilet. With my plasterboard walls there was nothing to anchor the top part of the frame to so they had to built a wooden frame for it but I guess that flexes a bit itself so still allows the metal frame to flex slightly and it doesn’t take much flexing to crack tiles.

sweepy
    Free Member

I see that that japanese thing has an ait dryer, but I’ve always wondered how people using the more basic bidet things dry their arse, do you need a towel or what?

prettygreenparrot

With my plasterboard walls there was nothing to anchor the top part of the frame to so they had to built a wooden frame for it but I guess that flexes a bit itself so still allows the metal frame to flex slightly and it doesn’t take much flexing to crack tiles.

ah! I get it. Sorry, my bad. So they stripped the plaster board off, added more wood to the wall battens and it still yields a bit? 🤔 that is pesky. As it’s in and working there’s not much to be done I suppose. But when the time comes to refurbish and add a Japanese toilet 😉 I’d wonder about things like thicker battens, floor to ceiling frame, a metal frame on which to mount the frame, … all to increase that feeling of toilet security.

prettygreenparrot

The chain needs to be crossed

I was going to suggest pedalling backwards but I see the drawing has a derailleur and therefore probably a freewheel so that wouldn’t work. Viz engineers need to up their game in these technical drawings.

dudeofdoom

I see that that japanese thing has an ait dryer, but I’ve always wondered how people using the more basic bidet things dry their arse, do you need a towel or what?

Probably a reason to avoid the hand towels in a bathroom with a bidet.

Definitely a fresher experience with a bidet thou, you lot are arse heathens not embracing them fully 🙂

b33k34

I thought that they were not permitted in the UK due to the way our plumbing is usually installed and the risk of ‘backwash’ in to the system?

The UK seems to have this massive paranoia about some freak situation where a shower hose is left in a bath or toilet with the tap open at the same moment some bizarre incident happens that causes the entire water system to go into reverse and the main in the street to suck water back into the water main from your house. Has it ever actually happened? If it did wouldn’t the future forward pressure sufficiently clean all the pipes again?

Anyway – to make it compliant you just need to fit a double check valve – the same as you should on any outside tap.

Also, you need to have an inline shut off – the gun trigger and hose won’t cope with the slight pressurisation/depressurisation from other taps in the house being used. You either have a tap, or much better, like the one I linked to, a shut off valve built into the wall bracket that shuts the water off when you put the thing in it’s ‘holster’.

Lastly, ideally you want warm water – i used one of the temp limiters that you’re supposed to fit on bath taps now and turned it down and it runs at the same pre-mixed temp as our hand wash sink.

prettygreenparrot

Question for those who already have a Japanese toilet: how effective is its flush at cleaning the bowl?

FB-ATB

The OT has suggested we get these. FB jnr has mobility issues with his arms so it will give him independence. Must admit after reading this thread I’m keen to try it!

crewlie

We had one fitted when my wife began to struggle with her MND. It’s a Geberit and it was a godsend.
    Although it’s no longer needed for its original reason it will be replaced if it fails in the future. I miss it when I’m away from home 😁

@prettygreenparrot
    The flush on mine is at least as good as on a normal loo, probably better.

kimbers

A lot cheaper, chilly tho & drip dry

SAMODRA Ultra-Slim Bidet, Classic 7.0 Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment with Non-Electric Dual Nozzle,Adjustable Water Pressure,Cold Water Bidet Attachment for Toilet UK,Easy Home Installation https://amzn.eu/d/1mBIYPq

leffeboy

Question for those who already have a Japanese toilet: how effective is its flush at cleaning the bowl?

Pretty much the same as normal.  On ours the flush is the same as any other toilet, it’s only the washing part that is different.  The toilet claims to be ‘anti-skid’ 🙂 but it seems the same as any other to me

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.