Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • jailed for killing cyclist
  • Sancho
    Free Member

I am happy that justice has been done.

But how can the defending lawyer try to pervert the course of justice with made up statements

Lord Harley, representing Mr Wojcicki, told the court he was a “diligent driver” and said Mr James had swerved in front of the minibus and did not give the defendant the chance to brake.

“For him to come into the path of my client took less than a second. It was all over in a second,” he added.

shouldnt there be a contempt of court, i understand the defendant needs a defence, but when does that break the law when making up stuff?

or am I missing something with our crap legal system

bonchance
    Free Member

not really sure – but I guess this is the same as col mustard saying he didn’t do it, which is then repeated?

If I understand correct this guy will do time = same thing? Maybe an admission would have gained a different outcome.

The ‘Lord’ no doubt got paid and will be doing the same tomorrow. As the american’s like to say ‘go figure’!

project
    Free Member

the driver was using a phone while driving, illegal for quite a few years and he KILLED a cyclist, it could have been your dad,wife,mate or some other person on a bike, he got convicted and must now live the consequences as must the cyclists family.

case closed

taxi25
    Free Member

My guess is, as Lord Harley wasn’t there he’s repeating a version of events as told to him by his client. That’s what he’s paid to do.

scaredypants

“A man has died and that is extremely sad, but for the purpose of this trial, I would say that it is largely irrelevant,” he said.

my guess is that that lord harley is the worst kind of weaselly, venal, bulshitting tossrag

rusty90
    Free Member

my guess is that that lord harley is the worst kind of weaselly, venal, bulshitting tossrag

The judge would seem to agree with you. Judge criticises lawyer for ‘Harry Potter’ appearance

Long-haired Alan Blacker appeared with St John Ambulance medals and ribbons on his breast during a trial in Cardiff Crown Court.

Judge David Wynn Morgan also questioned Mr Blacker’s right as a solicitor advocate to wear the robes and wig of a barrister.

During the trial, Mr Blacker had used the name Lord Harley, saying it was an Irish peerage inherited from his father.

But Judge Morgan was unimpressed by his appearance and after the trial told him: “If you want look like something out of Harry Potter you can forget coming to this court ever again.”

ajantom

Do a bit of searching on him, and his name comes up on various websites about spurious titles. He also has previous defending the jailed driver for illegal LPG conversions.

stevied
    Free Member

He has a rather long name and seems like a bit of a wrong-un…

“Dr The Right Honourable The Lord Harley of Counsel of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘jailed for killing cyclist’ is closed to new replies.