Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 349 total)
  • jacob rees mogg dog
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Mogg opines that any abortion is wrong

Yes, but he didn’t suggest in any way banning it did he? In fact he said the exact opposite.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Really?

“Asked whether his opposition applied in cases of pregnancies resulting from rape or incest, he replied: “I’m afraid so.”

Hmmmm.

Whos talking about banning abortion?

We are talking about Moggs opposition to abortion

F it, life is too short.

There are cases when abortion is a legit option & I am happy with the current guidelines.

My last word:

Pro Choice – its the woman’s body.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What about pregnancy in the case of sexual assault of a forum member’s mother?

ninfan
    Free Member

I’m not banning anything – I’m giving the mother the choice..

Ok, but is that choice sacrosanct? when should she lose that choice? Are you ok with the prospect of an abortion at week 39 for no medical reason? Is that still the mothers choice?

aracer
    Free Member

Did he specify how he would vote if there was a vote on the issue then? I must have missed that bit.

teethgrinder

Maybe Sheila Hodgers or Savita Halappanavar could debate with JRM about his stance on ‘under any circumstances’.

He may be many things, ranging from out of touch to probably a complete ****, but I couldn’t possibly imagine him a hypocrite. After all, it’s all about the sanctity of life. Isn’t it?

BoardinBob

ninfan – Member
    an abhorrent stance
    Suggesting that killing babies is a bad thing is abhorrent now is it?

You were supporting nazis a couple of weeks ago.

Do just so we’re all clear

Killing babies = not ok

Killing Jews = go nuts

ninfan
    Free Member

You were supporting nazis a couple of weeks ago.

No, I was supporting Nazis right to have an opinion that is different from mine, and a right to express it in public peacefully and in accordance with the law

The same way that I’m supporting and respecting R-M’s right to gave an opinion that I don’t hold, and to express it in public peacefully and in accordance with the law.

I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand lefties inability to cope with the concept of someone being able to tolerate and support other people’s divergent opinion and speech without needing to support or tacitly agree with them

teethgrinder

I almost agree with you on that, with the exception that I don’t think JRM needs a punch in the mouth for his views. Nazi’s OTOH do.

They’re Nazi’s FFS!

TBH, GMB are not blameless in all of this. Yes – there is a (sort of) right to free speech, but there’s no right to have a platform to spout it from.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are very few people saying Mogg doesn’t have the right to hold and express his views, and if they’re saying that, well, they’re onto a loser. The fact that views such as his are given a “free pass” and are somehow above criticism if they come a position of religious conviction is another matter. This makes me uncomfortable – having experienced the indoctrination of a Catholic upbringing and the hypocritical bollocks that goes with it. There are plenty saying he’s a bit of an arsehole for having them – which is fair enough. I happen to think he’s a bit of an arsehole myself and not just for these views.

I’ll never understand right wing trolls who can’t just let people judge someone for his views if they find them abhorrent without accusing them of trying to stifle free speech.

ninfan
    Free Member

I’ll never understand right wing trolls who can’t just let people judge someone for his views if they find them abhorrent without accusing them of trying to stifle free speech.

Because lefties like you have spent years telling is that multiculturalism and respect for the beliefs of others is a good thing and what our society is supposed to be about?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Because lefties like you…

Yes, of course Zulu.

😆

BoardinBob

I was supporting Nazis right to have an opinion that is different from mine

Different 😆

Aye, right you are.

Junkyard
    Free Member

because they cannot defend the views and they are trolling.
    I cannot understand why folk choose to try to debate with them someone they know is trolling

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

“Because lefties like you have spent years telling is that multiculturalism and respect for the beliefs of others is a good thing and what our society is supposed to be about?”

By respect for others beliefs, do you just mean skin colour? skin colour is what the right and you seem to be obsessed about…

Because I’m not sure that Kimbers, Junkyard, Binners etc really have that much time for political Islam…. it’s just that they aren’t obnoxious jerks like me when expressing it.

wilburt
    Free Member

He’s a bit if a nobhead and if his family didnt have money he’d be the bloke at work you all took the piss out of.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh come on JY, it’s fun if you don’t take the debate too seriously and simply play them at their own game. And he does make it an interesting challenge because he’s very skilled at subtly moving the goalposts when nobody is looking.

On which thought is my previous post sufficiently awkward that ninfan is ignoring it? Will I have to go through a multi-page session of challenging him to provide an answer? Will he answer a completely different post and then spend several pages claiming he’s already answered me?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

He’s a bit if a nobhead and if his family didnt have money he’d be the bloke at work you all took the piss out of.

perfectly sums him up in a sentence . Well said sir .

thecaptain
    Free Member

Rees-Mogg has the right to hold and express his views, and I’ve got the right to say that I think his views make him unfit to hold the post of PM.

Edit: and more importantly, his actions in the form of multiple votes as as MP.

zippykona

We used to have a lad a bit older than us who lived down the road who received a head injury when young.
    He was exactly the same as jrm.
    He dressed as if it was 1940(which was even odder in the days of platforms and flares) and if he had to carry anything on his shoulder he would neatly fold his handkerchief and place that twixt item and shoulder.
    He never smiled either.
    I wonder what became of him?

councilof10
    Free Member

Mr Rees Mogg – Right Honorable Member for Downton Abbey

“It’s all very well to say we live in a multicultural country until you hold the traditional views of the Catholic church, and that seems to me fundamentally wrong, people are entitled to hold these views, but also the Democratic majority is entitled to have the laws of the land as they are, which do not go with the teaching of the Catholic church, and will not go with the teaching of the Catholic church”

I hadn’t watched the interview until this morning, but I like the guy even more after watching it. He has the unswerving courage of his own convictions which I admire greatly, a quality so sadly lacking in this day and age.

You know exactly what his views are, he’s completely unapologetic, and he won’t be cowed by his critics. Personally, I’d love to see him as PM, because if an nth of a per-cent of his strength of character were to trickle down to the next generation of titty-lipped thumb-suckers, the world will be a better place.

Brexit is inevitable. We all know May is trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear when – pre-referendum – she’d made it abundantly clear she didn’t think it was possible.

It’s safe to say that if JRM supported Brexit, it’s because he 100%, hand-on-heart, deeply believes it to be the best option for the country. Sure, there are those who would suggest he’s feathering his own nest, but I don’t really think his nest needs a great deal more feather, and a well-feathered nest ain’t much good in a rotten tree!

Whilst I support May’s current stance in respecting the democratic decision, I can’t help feeling that at any point, she’s going to throw her hands in the air and retort “Well, YOU asked for this, not me!”

I think we need leadership that believes in the “project” in order to carries use towards the best outcome for us.

(for the record, I’m opposed but resigned to Brexit)

avdave2

He has the unswerving courage of his own convictions which I admire greatly

A quality shared by the worst despots humanity has managed to put on this earth. I wouldn’t for one minute rank him alongside those people but it is not a quality without a very dark side.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

councilof10
    Free Member

A quality shared by the worst despots

And also by the most brilliant leaders the world has ever seen.

binners

The bookies have slashed the odds of Moog as next leader.

But he is presently being staunchly defended on Five Live by that arch-moderniser…

Ann Widdecombe

😆

Northwind

councilof10 – Member

It’s safe to say that if JRM supported Brexit, it’s because he 100%, hand-on-heart, deeply believes it to be the best option for the country.

True. But that doesn’t mean he’s not arrived at that decision in a half-assed way. Conviction is good in a person but it’s important not to confuse it with wisdom.

monkeyboyjc

councilof10 – Member

I hadn’t watched the interview until this morning, but I like the guy even more after watching it. He has the unswerving courage of his own convictions which I admire greatly, a quality so sadly lacking in this day and age.

You know exactly what his views are, he’s completely unapologetic, and he won’t be cowed by his critics. Personally, I’d love to see him as PM, because if an nth of a per-cent of his strength of character were to trickle down to the next generation of titty-lipped thumb-suckers, the world will be a better place.
    You could say the same thing about Jeremy Corbin….. But I bet you wouldn’t want him as PM?

binners

councilof10 – Member

A quality shared by the worst despots

Codswallop! The worlds great leaders were all pragmatists. It’s only the nutters who unbendingly adhere to a rigid ideology. Especially not one even remotely shared by the vast majority of people they seek to rule over (and believe me, these people all see themselves as ‘rulers’)

Personally, I’d love to see him as next Tory Leader. The result would be them being rapidly booted out of power for a generation or two

monkeyboyjc

councilof10 – Member
    It’s safe to say that if JRM supported Brexit, it’s because he 100%, hand-on-heart, deeply believes it to be the best option for the country.

Or best for his own pocket – I think we all know deep down its economic suicide for 98% of the country.

joefm

Hitler had the courage of his convictions too.

nickc

He has the unswerving courage of his own convictions which I admire greatly

Well, he’s never going to have to decide to have an abortion, so it’s pretty easy to have convictions about things that don’t affect you. That doesn’t seem to me to require any courage at all.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You are Sixtus & I claim my shilling.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Hitler had the courage of his convictions too.

Pol Pot could be pretty strong minded too.

RustySpanner

ninfan – Member
    No, I was supporting Nazis right to have an opinion that is different from mine, and a right to express it in public peacefully and in accordance with the law

We know.
    So why not just say so, without all the trolling and nastiness?

Seriously, do you enjoy the abuse?

mt
    Free Member

that Angela Merkel is another one of those blessed with the courage of her convictions and is pretty pragmatic. Just saying like.

It just occurred to me that Jeremy Corbin is another person who could be labelled as being a person who is a conviction politician and widely appreciated for it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

eat leaders were all pragmatists. It’s only the nutters who unbendingly adhere to a rigid ideology. Especially not one even remotely shared by the vast majority of people they seek to rule over (and believe me, these people all see themselves as ‘rulers’)

This suggest that you didn’t like step to the interview or read a transcription. Be careful, headlines and STW frothing are poor substitutes for focusing on what people actually say

Seriously, do you enjoy the abuse

Probably not as much as the enjoyment that the abusers seem to get. Despite advocating ignoring ninfan (and others) they continue to be drawn to his posts like moths to a flame. Plus ca change…..

RustySpanner

Well, he’s deliberately behaving in an unpleasant manner in a successful attempt to provoke a reaction.

Trolling, in other words.

What do you expect?

binners

Have you thought of adopting a more patronising tone Hurty? It may work for you? You should give it a go.

I heard exactly what he said thanks. So far the only people who’ve come out and defended his arcane point of view on abortion and homosexuality are Anne Widdecombe and members of the DUP, who could barely contain their joy that someone presently being touted as the next PM had joined them in the 18th century.

Like I said, I’d love to see him as Tory leader

Some recent polling on social opinions of the young

Doesn’t make good reading for Mogg. The people who share his views grow less and less by the day

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Expect in what sense?

Expect in a rational sense: posters who post nonsense would simply be ignored (another name springs to mind, but will leave it there)

Expect here: pages and pages of baiting, shin scraping, general abuse at various levels of vindictiveness and calls for banning. Still good for the page count and for STW advertising revenues!

Why would anything change? That’s a likely as JRM warning a non pin strip suit 😉

I heard exactly what he said thanks.

Edit: Binners you may well have done, but the content of your posts suggests otherwise, That’s clear and has been noted above by others.

ninfan
    Free Member

behaving in an unpleasant manner

Cite!

RustySpanner

teamhurtmore – Member
    Expect in a rational sense: posters who post no sense would simply be ignored (another name springs to mind, but will leave it there)

You’re intelligent enough to understand that internet trolls provoke a reaction.
    Yet you repeatedly blame the responders, not the troll.

I can only conclude that you’re trolling as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 349 total)

The topic ‘jacob rees mogg dog’ is closed to new replies.