Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 242 total)
  • Jacob Lynch Mobb
  • kimbers

Moggy won a well deserved ‘2018 dick of the year’ on the Last Leg

He also tweeted out one of his massive lies that dangerously feeds I to the Brexiteers myth that a hard brexit is fine

Sadly 1000s of his followers are dim gullibile enough to believe his lies, even though the article he linked to contradicts him

Fake with Jake…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It seems that the UK* is now locked in thrall to cartoonish villainy.

*Not sure if still the correct term.

gecko76

Has it been pointed out that his constituency voted to Remain?

TheBrick
    Free Member

A majority is a majority and in this case that majority was anything but insignificant and there was no other half there was a majority and a minority , that’s how voting works .

Democracy means representation. Not winner takes all, that it tyranny of the majority. Failure to give balance to the weighting of opinion / vote is destined for failure. A small vote leave win is not a signal to drive off a cliff.

piha
    Free Member

Democracy means representation. Not winner takes all, that it tyranny of the majority. Failure to give balance to the weighting of opinion / vote is destined for failure. A small vote leave win is not a signal to drive off a cliff.

Unfortnately I don’t think Rees Moog and his tory nutter mates see democracy the same way you do.

Routeunknown
    Free Member

Leave Jacob Grease-Mopp alone….. he’s just a classic example that misery loves company…

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Always standing up JRM? All those years in private school must have taken its toll? A busted cat flap…

I know already got me coat…

billyboy
    Free Member

Are you guys seriously saying, that had the 2016 referendum achieved the opposite result by the same margin, HMG would have done anything other than ignore the 48 percent totally and remain in the EU?

There is a double standard operating and it is designed to ensure that a minority triumph against the wishes of the majority. I would not vote for JRM, but I am grateful that he is one of the few public voices speaking out against the establishment’s attempt to thwart the UK’s exit from the EU.

athgray
    Free Member

On Any Questions he said that one referendum was enough to establish and then carry out the will of the people.

He is clearly mistaken as when May came back with a deal that clearly follows through on his wishes, he is one of the main voices shouting it down.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

It must be nice to make your definition of democracy fit your own agenda however when faced with a binary choice , as was the case with Brexit then you have to go with the will of the majority .

athgray
    Free Member

It must be nice to make your definition of democracy fit your own agenda however when faced with a binary choice , as was the case with Brexit then you have to go with the will of the majority .

It’s because of the previous binary choice that we need a second vote. I bet no two brexit supporters want the same thing. What’s your idea of democracy? Which ever brexit voice shouts loudest is the kind of brexit we get.

Theresa May wishes to propose a Brexit deal and Mogg is calling for her head. What brexit does he want? and I know for a fact it appeared on NO ballot paper.

billyboy
    Free Member

I think he wants a Brexit where the UK is free from any major control by the EU. May’s agreement does not deliver that. Given that the majority voted to leave the EU in 2016, I don’t think it is an unreasonable position to adopt.

It should be possible to have European Trade without an EU Commission and an EU Parliament which are increasingly moving towards taking away the rights of individual member states, and appropriating that power to themselves at the centre. To do this the EU is using trade as a device to blackmail states into compliance with that ever more powerful centre. The inevitable next step was to get themselves an army to enforce their power over member states, and you will note that they are now taking steps towards that. The majority of us in the UK don’t like that business model. I welcome any voice that speaks out against the establishment’s attempts to keep us under the control of this foreign power against the expressed wishes of the majority.

zippykona

Only the other day I saw people that were FORCED to live in a cul-de-sac. Not for them the right to live on a good british street or road.
    We might as well round them up and send them to the eu concentration camps.

kerley
    Free Member

The majority of us in the UK don’t like that business model. I welcome any voice that speaks out against the establishment’s attempts to keep us under the control of this foreign power against the expressed wishes of the majority.

good grief

athgray
    Free Member

Well hello, hello billyboy

It should be possible to have European Trade without an EU Commission and an EU Parliament which are increasingly moving towards taking away the rights of individual member states, and appropriating that power to themselves at the centre. To do this the EU is using trade as a device to blackmail states into compliance with that ever more powerful centre. The inevitable next step was to get themselves an army to enforce their power over member states, and you will note that they are now taking steps towards that. The majority of us in the UK don’t like that business model. I welcome any voice that speaks out against the establishment’s attempts to keep us under the control of this foreign power against the expressed wishes of the majority.

What a sad and paranoid take on the EU. Many people regard the EU as people who are certainly not foreign and not something enforced upon a series of countries. Get back to the Daily Mail or the Express.

The views held by JRM and Brexiters is more foreign to me than EU citizens. Perhaps it is time to split the UK up as best as can be managed into brexit and remain areas with each deciding their own future plans.

johnnystorm

I almost admire anyone that can type about Rees-Mogg taking on the establishment with a straight face.

ditch_jockey

I almost admire anyone that can type about Rees-Mogg taking on the establishment with a straight face.

Indeed – especially when his dad literally wrote the book on disaster capitalism.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The majority of us in the UK don’t like that business model.

17m/66m said something about it, was there another survey?

fruitbat

Our grandson got a Frog in a Box as one of his Xmas presents

We’ve christened the limp green creature Jacob Rees Frog

nickc

I’d recommend that for folk who want an insight into how JRM thinks, to read his dad’s book “The Sovereign Individual”

It was written in 97 and is mostly a history lesson and a field guide to how to offshore your massive wealth away from those pesky govts who want to tax you. Libertarian/right wing fantasy about free markets in the information age.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Keeps getting a mention, is there a free version, I don’t think they need the royalties 😉

It reminds me also of some of the discussions of the American Dream which is used to help keep the poor voting for policies that hold them back. You need just enough common man does good/gets rich to perpetuate the myth that all you need is hard work and the system lets you win.

kimbers

Rees-Frogg needs the likes of the gullibile billyboy who’s laughable misunderstanding of trade & the EU keeps him in power & his wealth safely away from the plebs

kerley
    Free Member

Unfortunately there are literally millions of billyboys in the UK that continue to keep the tories such as Rees-Mogg in positions of power.

athgray
    Free Member

How can people believe we could trade with the EU without maintaining a whole plethora of EU standards and regulations and also continue to adopt any new ones going forward

Did they think the EU would change their systems to suit What we choose to do?

My FIL is like this. We do t want EU regulations and rules, we just want to trade with them. Good luck with that.

somafunk

I welcome any voice that speaks out against the establishment’s attempts to keep us under the control of this foreign power against the expressed wishes of the majority.

You are a **** deluded idiot.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a bit like meeting the French in the holy grail, we ain’t getting very far, whatever we have to offer they already have one

Edukator
    Free Member

Meanwhile JRM and his stinking rich mates continue to get richer.

hopeforthebest
    Free Member

“I welcome any voice that speaks out against the establishment’s attempts to keep us under the control of this foreign power against the expressed wishes of the majority”

By the same logic, do you think the British government should relinquish control of Northern Ireland, then?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If the people of NI ask for it… Yes.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’m curious as to what sort of thought process leads someone to believe that JRM has the unique power to discern precisely what 17.4 million voters were thinking when they ticked the same “leave the EU” box. Why him, not May, nor Corbyn, Hoey, Johnson, Hannan, Farage, Patel, Stuart, Raab, Hammond, Starmer? Most of them demonstrably have different ideas as to what brexit “really” means, but apparently it is reasonable to deduce that 17.4 million people all agree with JRM, despite no-one ever asking them.

athgray
    Free Member

By the same logic, do you think the British government should relinquish control of Northern Ireland, then?

If his username is anything to go by then I doubt it.

billyboy
    Free Member

Point One. I do not vote Tory. I am not propping up JRM.

Point Two. If you think the EU is your friend, then you have not been following the news these past several decades.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Oh, I follow the news. I am also working with someone in Germany and Sweden (though actually they are US and Danish citizens originally at least) and being paid in Euros. My wife is in almost daily email contact with two more Germans, one French and a Brit or two. These people are our colleagues and friends.

Anyone who thinks the EU is in any way hostile to our interests needs to get out more. There is a whole world out there of people who really aren’t on our side. Putin and Trump are both pro-brexit. Why do you think that is?

athgray
    Free Member

That’s a lot of noise billyboy

If you think the EU is your friend, then you have not been following the news these past several decades.

The EU is my friend. If it were not for EU freedom of movement then I would in all likelihood not have the lovely French SIL that I do. I also have 3 or 4 close friends originally from Europe as a result of their freedom to work and live in the UK.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Ahh billyboy, i am sure (based upon hard evidence) that the Tory party has since i started work in 1979 done me significantly more ecomomic damage that the dreaded EU.

You have been fed shit by facebook, daily mail, Bannon, JRM, Boris the **** wit, Arron Banks, the Express.

Once again the “elite” have utilised the poor to gain ecomomic control.

You need to wake the **** up and understand the “enemy within” READ what these people say JRM cheap shoes for your kids and, Tim shit for brains Wetherspoons 37p off your burger…

You have been conned plain and simple, the EU is the bogey man and all that bollocks.

Now my business will benefit from Brexit, if we have a hard Brexit i will make a small fortune, i can survive without it and i am happy to forego that additional wealth if it means other folk dont suffer – unlike JRM and the vast majority of the horrible ****s behind Brexit.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

If you think JRM is your friend then you are truly ****ed….. he wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire, although he might ask his Nanny to call the Fire Brigade to prevent any unpleasent smell.

FFS there are a lot of working class people need to get a grip.

Edukator
    Free Member

I think you’re making observations about the EU but interpreting them the wrong way, Billyboy (I assume your pseudo is a Clockwork Orange reference and appropriate).

Trade wars were part of the frictions that led to real wars in Europe. To work a trade zone needs rules, laws that help to keep the playing field level. If one country wants to make production of cheese cheaper by not applying good hygiene practice then there needs to be a law to stop them selling it to other countries. Free trade without rule doesn’t work. It’s not blackmail, it’s the same rules for all. If you don’t like the rules then **** off, which is where Brexit comes in.

There isn’t a European army to punish member states, there’s military cooperation to defend the whole block and its interests. If you don’t want to participate don’t expect help. for about 70 years Britain has been in the habit of entering into conflict against European good sense and advice and caused all sorts of problems for Europe such a coping with refugees displaced by conflicts spawned by Blair’s invasion of Iraq. Britain will be poorer after Brexit with less to spend on the military and need its troops to keep the peace at home. A win for world peace.

Britain has always had a veto whilst a member of this “foreign power”. That’ll no longer be the case. Excellent news for the EU.

I’m beginning to look forward to seeing what the EU can do without Britain around to **** up the best ideas.

somafunk

Doff cap tug forelock ……..vote Rees Mogg for free unicorns for the working class

safi

Well put old man

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 242 total)

The topic ‘Jacob Lynch Mobb’ is closed to new replies.