Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • I,ve just put the heating on….
  • epicyclo

Heating? Here in the north of Scotland the rain is still liquid, so no.

And the reason we’re wearing all our woollies at the moment is purely to check that they fit for when it gets cold… 🙂

slowoldman

We have caved in this morning.

cinnamon_girl

No woolly knickers here moneycmonkeydo but never underestimate a pair of socks for raising one’s temperature especially in bed!   Bedspread on top of the Summer duvet now, window always open.  Yes, can imagine the NE being chilly from the North Sea and, yes, can indeed understand why you’re looking at relocating to the West Country.  Mind you, it can be rather damp there.

Keep smiling all!

thecaptain
    Free Member

We have this thing called a thermostat. When the house is colder than we’d like, the heating comes on automatically.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

^ patronising erse.

mariner
    Free Member

Sunny Devon isn’t today but at least its stopped raining.

Heating came on automatically this morning.

Wonder where my cardy is?

stoat

Still fighting the good fight here in the NE, not sure how much longer shorts and bare feet will last though..

twinw4ll
    Free Member

My wife is just on her second set of star jumps.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Jesus you must be tough stoat.Do you not feel the cold?How do you manage it?

footflaps

No heating and still in shorts in the SE, but I did sit on the sofa under a blanket last night as it was a tad cool and we had just spent 5 hours walking the Norfolk Coast path in the rain…..

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Mine is on low too… as much to drive the damp out!

I may have to clean, service and relight the Aga soon… I am trying to leave it as long as possible to avert the environmental catastrophe that it is.

Although it will be nice not having to cook on a twin plug in hob and microwave!  Although it has been nice watching the oil not go down!

hedley
    Free Member

Just started to wear socks and put a hoodie on the last few days. Still wearing light cotton trousers though.

We are in the Scottish Borders but the house is very well insulated and this makes all the difference.

Kryton57

Came back from hols – 32 degrees last night to a car showing 17 at Gatwick.  Brrr.  Came home, heating was on warming the house from 21 to 22 automatically.

Currently wearing a Planet X merino hoody indoors, not quite adjusted yet…

anagallis_arvensis

warming the house from 21 to 22

I’d find that uncomfortably hot!

32 degrees last night

Sounds like torture.

hodgynd
    Free Member

31.8.18….North West Northumberland

6.40 a.m….just been outside to wipe some bird shit off the roof of my car ..brilliant sunshine ..not a cloud in the sky …and frost !

We had our heating on last night ( not for the first time this month ..)

P-Jay
    Free Member

We had a few chilly days, I do have a thermostat of course, but I like to switch it off in summer as Mrs Jay has been known to heat an entire house for hours to dry a single item of clothing on the rad…

I don’t really feel the cold until it’s down the single figures. Mrs Jay likes a blanket over her of an evening on anything sub 25c!

Still, it’s 20c today, lovely late summer day. Seems the Weather knows Autumn starts tomorrow (by one measure anyway) it drops another 3c.

It’s been a really ‘good’ year for Weather hasn’t it. Bitter cold, snowy winter, a short transition period and a long hot Summer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Suns out and warm on the Solent, looks like 17C on the car temp gauge but the sun still has heat in it.

Looks fine for the next few days too 👍🔥

Autumn starts on Monday 🤮🍁🍁🍁🍁🥀🍄🍄🍄🍂

birky
    Free Member

Thermostat is set down to 16c and heating has come on a couple of mornings this past week. Outside temp was 5c this morning at 6.30

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

How’s the West Country looking for the next few days?

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘I,ve just put the heating on….’ is closed to new replies.