Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • I've just joined the RSPB, what organisations are you members of??
  • lerk
    Free Member

I’m a member of the Coordination of United New Teachers and Students.

Bravo, although it appears no one else has spotted that!

squirrelking
    Free Member

I did, I just wasn’t dignifying it with a response.

😛

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d not say that the National Trust was only for the well off middle class- we pay £75 for two of us for a year but that’s 90% of what we do on our holidays paid for, and a few trips to places near us and that we pass a year. Last year I think it worked out as less than £2 a visit each to everywhere we went. We joined specifically because we aren’t well off and wanted stuff to do that didn’t cost the earth.

You do have to avoid the cafes, though. And they really need to open up a lot, if not all, of their rights of way.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Welcome to the braying middle classes.

natrix
    Free Member

AA, SAS and RSPB

Cloudnine, I thought you were supposed to keep SAS membership secret?? 8)

edhornby

I once did a gig at a fundraiser for the RSPB, you know the kind, 3 courses, charity auction, band (us) and disco etc

the main course was Duck 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ thats (not) funny 😆

Ok, so from what you are saying it’s 60/40 in favour of the NT. I’m a little undecided about this one TBH. In the last few years I’ve not been to an NT property (house or land) I kinda can’t think of one in Hampshire that I know of or would visit either… which is kinda why I’m asking. Also, I can’t think of one in London either, nor Harrogateshire.

I think I’ll leave it for another year.

Ta for your help.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cloudnine, I thought you were supposed to keep SAS membership secret??

I’m guessing that’s not his real name.

Probably his “call sign” or codename when he’s on black ops.

footflaps

Cloudnine, I thought you were supposed to keep SAS membership secret??

He’s bluffing. Ask him what colour the boat house is.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Clackmannanshire United (North) Trailfinders Society.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m assuming he meant Surfers Against Sewage.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ok, so from what you are saying it’s 60/40 in favour of the NT. I’m a little undecided about this one TBH. In the last few years I’ve not been to an NT property (house or land) I kinda can’t think of one in Hampshire that I know of or would visit either… which is kinda why I’m asking. Also, I can’t think of one in London either, nor Harrogateshire.

Fountains Abbey, Beningbrough Hall, Brimham Rocks, Nostell Priory, Malham Tarn Estate, Upper Wharfedale…all within easy reach of Harrogate & there’s more in York & a bit further afield.

postierich
    Free Member

Was a member of the NT for a year when we first moved up to the Lakes then did all the homes/ruins but was very useful for the parking. Decided to buy the parking badge of ebay this year for a sum of £6 much cheapness! 🙂
    member of CCC do the bogrotters class as an organisation

bikebouy
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member

Fountains Abbey, Beningbrough Hall, Brimham Rocks, Nostell Priory, Malham Tarn Estate, Upper Wharfedale…all within easy reach of Harrogate & there’s more in York & a bit further afield.

Yup, know all those, been once or twice to all of them.. Just trying to weigh up benefit/cost and so far Brigham Rocks you don’t have to pay to get in, well £2 for the carpark…

Take your point though, more Up There than Down Here for sure.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Soho house

piemonster

This thread makes it pretty clear I need to get a National Trust membership sorted out.

Oh, and I’d be happy to see more Roe Deer culled on the condition they ended up in the butchers.

Anyway, just two for me. Scotways and the IoF.

One last thing. Crows might not be evil, but Cuckoos are. They’re a right bunch of ****.

allfankledup

Chester Zoo – gives us access to a load of other zoos in return
    CADW – welsh castles mob (gives us access to stuff in Scotland and England as well, but is cheaper to join than the Scottish/English mobs)

Mother in law has NT membership. We have the parking sticker.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘I've just joined the RSPB, what organisations are you members of??’ is closed to new replies.