Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I've had a pay rise!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

First one in 6 years! Very happy to feel appreciated after a rough couple of years!

Lifer
    Free Member

Oh.

footflaps

OH got 2% yesterday, which was nice. We’ve not had one for 3 or 4 years now, but then we’ve not turned a profit either, so that seems fair enough….

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine’s a large single malt, cheers.

sbob
    Free Member

Got any jobs going? 🙂

grum
    Free Member

WTF is a pay rise? It rings a vague bell somewhere but I can’t quite place it.

madhouse

Congratulations! bet you’ve mentally spent it already!

I remember them – just about.

Fingers crossed for one when our annual reviews come round.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pretty much the same ff, we’ve in fact been losing money, but we finally sold a big property after Christmas that we shouldn’t have built (2yrs to sell) and been busy for over a year on industrial builds so hopefully things are looking up.

scotroutes

FWIW, my pension just went up too. Coupled with the increased tax allowance, I’m going to be rich*

* shame about inflation, electricity/gas, petrol/diesel etc etc all going up too eh?

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve been told I’m unlikely to have a pay rise as paid too much for my current grade, funny thing is they’re charging me out at the grade I’m paid at. Don’t deserve a promotion it seems?!

samuri
    Free Member

Awesome, well done! I don’t expect a rise this year. Things are particularly harsh at the moment on the finance side.

yossarian
    Free Member

my missus who works in the contruction industry has just had a bonus and pay rise. Her company are extremely prudent and work from the ground up on this stuff (directors and senior managers have taken paycuts before everyone else in the past) so I’m hoping that its a sign about the wider industry and our economy.

anagallis_arvensis

Well done.I wont be getting a pay rise anytime soon. Whens the next election?

lowey

8 years and counting since I had one.

Kryton57

lowey – Member
    8 years and counting since I had one.

Me too, I’m thinking of popping over to Amsterdam to fix that.

footflaps

directors and senior managers have taken paycuts before everyone else in the past

Very enlightened. I’m used to a CEO laying off staff to pay for his pay rise / bonus!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t think construction is out of the woods yet, seems as tho we’re always first to slow and the last to pick up. Here’s to a brighter future tho….

juanking

All I’ll say is the oil industry is doing fine…..

RichPenny
    Free Member

I can’t remember the last time I didn’t get one 🙂 Think it was 2007, where we got a bonus instead due to the bleak general economic output. Company has been growing well since then, and takes care of the staff.

I got promoted this year as well. Which was nice 😉

freeagent
    Free Member

I got a pretty decent pay rise this week as well. Ship building is doing okay aswell!

MoreCashThanDash

Checked the other day – since the ConDems introduced the age of austerity my basic pay has gone up £5 per month. 🙂

My tax and NI have gone down £25 per month. 😀

My pension contributions have gone up £30 per month 🙁

And this month my pension contributions go up another £20 😥

And my job involves spending a lot of time with pensioners who moan at me constantly that their pensions have only gone up by £2 per week. So it seems that if you are likely to be in the demographic that bother to vote, you are not quite as “in this together” as the rest of us 👿

Though, tbh, there a whole load of folks worse of than me. I may not be happy about it, but I can’t really complain.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I've had a pay rise!’ is closed to new replies.