Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • iTunes/can't find artwork
  • Karinofnine

Is there a way of cutting and pasting the album cover? I’m putting all my cds onto an ipod, including lots of house/dance compilations and iTunes says it can’t find the album artwork. If I can’t sort this I’m going to end up with an unattractive and not immediately recognisable list.

creamegg
    Free Member

Yes, do a google image search and save image to a folder on your laptop. Then in itunes right click a song and select ‘Get Info’ then select ‘artwork’ tab and browse to the image you saved.

z1ppy

yes, though just search for the album artwork on the internet to save yourself time, find it right click and save it somewhere you can find it again… right click the tune or complete album in itunes select the “get info” option, the in artwork browse to the file you saved earlier.

to slow…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d be interested if anyone knew the answer to this too.

In theory you should be able to copy and paste artwork into the info window for the track(s) but I’ve never got this to work. It pastes in just fine but then vanishes again once you close the info window.

Must admit I’ve not yet tried this approach out with the latest itunes update so it may have been fixed, but I wouldn’t hold my breath as it’s been a known bug for a few years now.

[edit]

The approaches listed above vary to my initial approach as they are referencing a saved file rather than copying and pasting so might well work. I’ll give it a go later this evening.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

When you copy the music from the CD on iTunes, it should collect the album artwork automatically.

z1ppy

what iTune “should” do, & what what Itune actually “does” are two very different things..

MuppetW, I have pasted images straight into itunes in the past, but when I just checked to confirm it, this option no longer seemed available.

Karinofnine

Ok, thanks, I’m off to try it, will report back.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I got a programme called “coverscout” in an application bundle thing I got a while ago – not sure if it’s mac only – or if its worth paying for, as its relatively easy to get the artwork in the manner described above – but coverscout makes the whole process of finding missing artwork nice and painless, especially if you are uploading lots of music in one go

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

MuppetW, I have pasted images straight into itunes in the past, but when I just checked to confirm it, this option no longer seemed available.

Thanks, for taking the time to check.
    The copy/paste approach seems to be suggested quite a lot when you do search for solutions to this but like I said i’ve never got it to work, hopeful that referencing the saved artwork will sort it out once and for all. Fingers crossed.

stevenieve
    Free Member

I copy the album artwork from Amazon.

grievoustim
    Free Member

When you copy the music from the CD on iTunes, it should collect the album artwork automatically.

only if the CD is in the itunes store

otherwise it doesn’t

pjbarton
    Free Member

Copy/paste or drag and drop always works. Just select ALL the tracks of the album first paste into the artwork panel bottom left. If you have unusual music that iTunes doesn’t sell, you’ll have to do this fairly laborious meathod.

You can use the info panel (apple I on a mac) but it does it track at a time

Mr_C
    Free Member

As ever when question like this come up the answer is Mediamonkey.

It’s the best tool I’ve found for editing tags and artwork – use Mediamonkey to rip and sort out the tags and then import the files into Itunes.

pjbarton
    Free Member

Amazon is good. Or google image search. Look for 500pixels square for best results

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

z1ppy:

Just tried the referencing to a saved file approach. Didn’t work. I had the same outcome as copying and pasting; image shows up initially but close the info window and it doesn’t show up in the view panel and then if I reselect the info for the track the artwork is no longer there.

I do have an unsubstantiated hunch as to why it’s not working. I’m guessing that the image info is attached to the metadata for the file. My files are all .wav which I think doesn’t have the ability to store artwork along with the track info.

So the ones that are found automatically by itunes are added to the itunes xml file whereas adding them manually via the info window tries to add them to the metadata? Does this sound likely to anyone else?

z1ppy

can’t say I’m an expert on itune, but quick question.. if you browse to your file using “windows explorer” and right click the file and select “properties” are the file marked as “read only”?

I can’t say that this will be why for sure, but have had issue making changes to mp3’s before now due to this (you can untick the option to make the changes)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m on a mac rather than windows but I’ll take a look at the file info. Will report back if i find anything useful

z1ppy

sorry some some daft reason I though I read they were wmv files (windows media) not wav & assumed… silly me.

Canne help you on the mac, not my area of expertise, well saying that very little is actually my area of expertise, but I like to dabble, just not with mac’s.

Karinofnine

Thanks all. This is what worked for me.

Go onto the album in iTunes. Right click, select Album Info, tick the box next (on the left of) to the empty album artwork box.

Go to Google, get the album image. Right click then save as [into where you want – we used Pictures], name it so you can find it, go to where you saved it, right click, cut, go to iTunes to the dialogue box that you left open (you did leave it open didn’t you?) right click over the box, control V to paste image.

Close the dialogue box. iTunes will run through all the songs on the album and paste the artwork in.

Job done.

Btw, using Windows/Vista.

Thanks to Hendy.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘iTunes/can't find artwork’ is closed to new replies.