• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • It’s finally here!
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting for this since the end of February. Originally promised in May, but it finally arrived this morning.

https://i.postimg.cc/Wz3Lfss9/IMG-20190724-083503.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/FRhQ3j8X/IMG-20190724-085746.jpg

Some of you may remember my musings on a 2souls Quarterhorse from a few years back where I ended up selling and buying a Last bikes FastForward, which was longer and slacker, but I’ve decided to go even longer now. This is a medium with a reach of 480mm, 64.5 degrees HT angle and unfashionably long chains stays at 440mm.

It should be interesting! Obviously, I’ll be selling the FastForward in the near future. If anyone is interested here I’ll put it in the classifieds before it goes to eBay.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

FFS this site…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ooo decent length on that pole!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lawn could do with a weed and feed

mattvanders
    Free Member

Interested in how the pole rides, was looking into getting one earlier on in the but ended up with a Marino

wwaswas

Picture 1: MrsScienceOfficer: “My bag’s packed – it’s me or the bike.”

Picture 2: “My new bike.”

Kamakazie

Nice. At least I wasn’t waiting as long as you for my new bike!
    440mm CS seems pretty short for a Pole, they tend to size up a bit more to balance out the reach.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

LOL.

Lawn is the neighbours. Whilst not perfect, mine is most certainly superior by some margin.

Bag is my son’s after his London trip, but I do prefer the wife scenario!

I’m fairly busy this week and I need to build a rear wheel for it too (the one in the picture is offered up for fit) but I shall report back.

I’ve actually sized down – pole recommend a Large for my 182cm and this is a medium. It may be that I end up getting the large in the end, but plenty of my single-track is quite tight, and I’m not sure the full on LLS geometry is going to be useful for that.

darkroomtim
    Free Member

wwaswas – superb mate !!

tdog
    Free Member

Aha I see, a permanent wheelie machine 😜

Getit built!

chakaping
    Free Member

unfashionably long chains stays at 440mm.

Long stays are quite en vogue now mate.

Looks nice anyway, though I’m not convinced about super long reach on HTs – how tall are you?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

" alt="XL Taival" />

I’ve had mine for a few weeks. Absolutely love it. First ride felt odd, but once you become mindful of weighting the front, it offers so much confidence.

oreetmon
    Free Member

Bookmarked, updates welcomed 😁
    Was looking at a ‘yellow pole’ but ended up getting Solaris.
    Enduromag (or what ever it’s called) rated it highly but no chance to demo wobbled me a bit.

Might be tempted for frame only, when I’ve paid the Cotic off

I love a steel 29er

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Between summer holidays and work I’ve managed to complete the build. I just need to shorten the dropper hose later.

I took it down the road and put it some hard, flat turns at which it was frighteningly good. Metaphorically speaking, it leant over and whispered in my ear ‘I’m going to kill you…’

Shake down tomorrow evening.

timmycee
    Free Member

Looking at investing in an EN build complete in the new year. How tall are you, if you don’t mind me asking?

timmycee
    Free Member

Nevermind just seen you’re 182cm, which is weirdly enough exactly the same as me. Keep us posted on the medium vs large!

isoo
    Free Member

I’ll post mine here too. Will probably get it built up tomorrow.

View post on imgur.com

XL in Zink Orange

Clink

Any ride updates on these? I see it has 3 bottle mounts too!

joebristol

That XL framed one looks enormously long!

trumpton
    Free Member

looks good. I love a steel bike.

Klunk
    Free Member

the orange one looks fab for the 70’s 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘It’s finally here!’ is closed to new replies.