Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • italian restaurant for family meal in .. Stirling
  • totalshell

recommendations please need somewhere for a decent meal.. not just pizzas though..

bigG
    Free Member

When is it for? I’d recommend Corrieries at the top of Causewayhead Road but they’re closed this weekend I believe.

There are couple of nice ones in bridge of Allan which is about two mins up the road.

In my experience Stirling is a desert when it comes to eating out, other than a decent Indian and the catering college midweek.

vorlich
    Free Member

Aye, there’s a place up the back road in BofA, I forget the name.

gordimhor

If you can’t find an Italian restaurant I can recommend the Allan Water Cafe in Bridge of Allan for a fish tea

julzm
    Free Member

Bologna BoA or cucina
    Corrierries is more a cafe.

MrGreedy

I have fond memories of Corrieri’s – a gang of us stopped for a late lunch while riding John O’Groats to Lands End and got a really warm welcome and fantastic food. Lots of cycling memorabilia on the walls too if you like that sort of thing. (But as above, their website says they’re closed for holidays until the 16th)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Mamma Mia on Spittal St gets great reviews on Trip Advisor, 5th ranked in the whole town.

totalshell

thanks folks.. setting off after school for the weekend, want somewhere for daughter to pasta load.

br
    Free Member

cucina

Bridge of Allan.

It was superb last year when we popped it for a quick lunch, about 4 hours later we got out – food was brill (good Italien, and I’ve spent a lot of time in Italy working), and service good too.

Had to laugh though at the end when the Chef’s all sat down for their meal, and they all had burgers and chips 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

Bearing in mind that #1 on trip advisor in Stirling was an extremely average cafe attached to the Albert Halls I’d avoid somewhere that’s number 5 in the town like the plague.

julzm
    Free Member

There is a really decent italian near Barnton st in Stirling. Old fashioned kinda place but can’t remember the name if it sorry. Bridge of Allan is a much better bet. Both cucina and bologna are owned by italian families and bologna in particular is a traditional type of place if you really want proper italian food (rather than chain restaurant type stuff).

DickBarton

There is one at the top of Friar Street…very nice food, good service, that is in Stirling, the rest (are all good) are not in Stirling itself. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘italian restaurant for family meal in .. Stirling’ is closed to new replies.