Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • IT: Latest Zonealarm seems glitchy, or is it me?
  • Christowkid
    Free Member

Dear IT Gurus,
    I’ve just taken the latest version of Zonealarm free firewall off. It suddenly stopped working, couldn’t get the normal interface up when I clicked on it and it had also stopped internet access.
    This is getting repetitive – It did this before on this relatively new tower and I couldn’t uninstall it for ~ 1 hour.
    Re-intalled it but it was a faff……
    Did the same on my daughter’s Xmas pressie laptop, again, blocked internet access and a s*d to uninstall.
    Having been a Zonealarm user for many years, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s worth it.

Are others having problems with the latest incarnation of Zonealarm?
    Is it better/worse than Windows ( Vista ) Firewall?

Any feedback from those that know will be appreciated!
    cheers
    Q

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i had problems with ZA last year when i switched ISP (from BT to Be*), and Be*’s tech support reckoned it was conflicting with my router. got rid of it, activated windows firewall (along with the hardware firewall in my router) and never had a single connection issue (or security breach, for that matter) since. only thing is, i’m running XP pro still rather than vista…

Christowkid
    Free Member

HHHmmmm that’s good to know that it wasn’t just me, and that Windows firewall obviously works too.
    Since asking the question, I’ve popped into ZA’s site and the top FAQ goes on about connectivity issues, and the next about uninstalling!!
    Methinks this new version is not quite sorted!
    thanks for that
    Q

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘IT: Latest Zonealarm seems glitchy, or is it me?’ is closed to new replies.