Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IT help please, before i smash it, hammer stylee!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Had a printer for about a yr now and its never been any good!!
    Brother wireless jobbie, on the old lap top it would constantly come up as being offline.
    Thought id have a bash with new lap top to see if its any better, got it printing but now its stopped again with the error initially being offline and now that theres something in the print queue everytime???
    Shall i take the hammer to it???

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

STOP!

Hammer time!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

<it support> turn it off, and then turn it back on again <it support>

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ha ha done that with printer router and computer, achieved nothing other than a loss of further patience!!

dazz
    Free Member

Have you checked the print queue?

on win 7 go to start > devices & printers > right click on your printer, select “see what’s printing” cancel anything in there

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah cancelled everything then the next item you try to print becomes the queue

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Have you tried turning it off, and then on again?

dazz
    Free Member

Is the printer connected to the router ok? sounds like it’s not receiving the command

I’d remove & re add the printer, to start fresh

MSP

Does the printer have a usb port? I would connect it up to that and try a few printouts, to see if the problem is with the printing bits of the printer or the networking.

Could be some fault such as a paper sensor or cartridge problem, but the error isn’t getting reported over the network connection.

TimS
    Free Member

I’ve seen this sort of problem with our wireless printer. It seemed to be because our laptops at home couldn’t find the printer if it was given a new IP address by the router.

I solved it by giving the printer a static IP address (had to change settings on the printer and the router), and then having the computers find it again. Been fine ever since.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IT help please, before i smash it, hammer stylee!!!’ is closed to new replies.