Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Issue 136 “big hitters”
  • crazy-legs

What I’d like to know is; is there a reason half my pages are upside down, is this some cool new magazine thing I’ve missed or have the printers **** it up?

Because the mag has two front covers, one for 2001, one for 2021.

My magazine has arrived. I’m not a Big Hitter though…

RustySpanner

Good article 🙂

Should have had a picture of Molgrips’ Passat though……

anagallis_arvensis

Because the mag has two front covers, one for 2001, one for 2021.

So a front cover and a back one?

Bunnyhop

We’ve still got the 2001 issue.

Thanks Hannah. (especially for putting up a photo of me when I was ‘cough’ younger).

crazyjenkins01

Enjoyed that, was a good read!

swavis

When I see the phrase Big Hitter I only think of Al, maybe because he coined it for himself 😉

Cougar

When it’s written capitalised like that I cannot unsee “Big Hitler” whenever I read it. It’s one of those ‘speed bump’ words for me, my brain always goes “What? Oh, ‘hitter,’ right.”

It’s a bit like when certain font choices run an ‘r’ and an ‘n’ together so that it looks like an ‘m’ at first glance, then someone writes something like “and then I’m going to take it outside and burn it.”

swavis

I’m now going to forever snigger when I read that someone burns something, thanks.

ChrisL

What’s the opposite of a Big Hitter, a Small Tapper? If so then then I think I’m one of them.

I am however possibly partially responsible for Northwind being the Big Hitter he is today. Or at least for him hitting bigly here, rather than somewhere else.

ton

just had a good read of my copy of the mag.
    proper enjoyable read.
    recently realised that this forum is still great, even when bikes are not involved.

Caher

Shatters the myth when realise people are real and not bots. I prefer to remain a shadowy figure like keyser soze.

scotroutes

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m now going to forever snigger when I read that someone burns something, thanks.

At Paddington I saw a poster advertising the movie Burn After Reading. Made my commute to Didcot feel a bit high risk.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Issue 136 “big hitters”’ is closed to new replies.