• This topic has 54 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Is this forum broken?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m reading a thread, or typing a response, when all of a sudden the page just refreshes. If I’m typing something I lose it.

Is it just me or is this yet another bug?

Haze

Not just you!

Rubber_Buccaneer

All part of the plan to reduce bandwidth.  It has to be that, it couldn’t be incompetence.

Jamie
    Free Member

New forum coming in 2018!

martinhutch

Live pre-moderation of comments from certain select users has been in place for a while now.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Glad it’s not my phone on the blink!

jimmy748

Still ironing out a few issues after the millennium bug.

andrewh
    Free Member

Typing a reply? You lucky bugger, I’m still busy accepting cookies

dirkpitt74

I keep getting logged out…..

sirromj

It seems like only 1/10th of my posts get shown to other users!?!?!?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve noticed anything other than [occasionally] the cookies bug which given none of you can turn off ads, suggests the refresh thing at least of a result of either an ad being blocked or displayed.

It seems like only 1/10th of my posts get shown to other users!?!?!?

If it helps, less than half of those interest other users 😉

dazzydw
    Free Member

Not just you.
    Repeat refresh and even a couple of crashes.
    I’m hoping it doesn’t crash again before I fi…

Drac

Welcome back Jamie

thols2

I haven’t noticed anything unusual. It’s working exactly the way it’s always worked.

airvent
    Free Member

I still get a popup on every page I load asking me to accept cookies

brads
    Free Member

Very broken
    I’m unable to create threads and have reported it a number of times
    Also the help email support@singletrackworld.com
    Doesn’t work any more

alanl
    Free Member

Yes. Cannot click on ‘page 2’ of a thread, it just goes to a full page ad.

footflaps

I remember that, IIRC they just completely broke the old one and it has never been 100% since….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Maybe it’s telling us off for not being a full member?

Or is it not that clever?

dyna-ti

Typed out a post asking if anyone had any experience of Sealskinz Mittens(or and of their glove range) (Xmas gift for Sister.

Hit submit and all I got was a blank page.Couldn’t be bothered typing it all out again.

If it’s not one thing it’s something else.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s still doing it 🤷‍♂️

salad_dodger

The only issue I’m getting is the Same Ten W’anchors ruining almost every thread I read. Wish they’d set up their own What’s App group and eff off.

fazzini

The perpetual left/right motion of contributions to the SKS thread has finally created a vortex channelling everything to a parallel universe.

Cougar

Also the help email support@singletrackworld.com
    Doesn’t work any more

I was a moderator on STW for ten years and I’ve never come across support@ as an email address.

bruneep

Marin
    Free Member

Become a paid member it might help pay for IT support if it annoys you that much.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Technically and emotionally broken….

haloric
    Free Member

@bruneep – that looks like a poorly formatted tech-support@singletrackworld.com, although that is also not the e-mail on the contact us page

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Does anyone else get a kind of link hijacking thing?
    i.e. click on a thread title and it opens a full page ad instead of the thread? Get this on my phone and thought it was fumble fingers on my part, but have paid more attention and definitely isn’t.

Thought about starting a thread or reporting it via email but then realised that was pointless

bsims
    Free Member

I’m getting constant reloading and freezing on all 4 devices I use. Now I have some time to actually post I am typing most 3 times before I can get a post submitted.

Edit : I’ve been getting the ad hijack as well. Also typing and then having to wait 30 seconds for the letters to appear.

brads
    Free Member

Support@ was listed on a cached page somewhere.
    The actual is tech@

Still gets ignored along with ten attempts to report a bug.

It’s always been a poor forum but is steadily getting worse

Drac

They’re not ignored but they may be a low priority. As pointed out it shows Tech-support not support, I’m not sure if that works but its been reported and they are looking at it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Where do we post constructive suggestions?
    I’m on the fretboard a lot and uf you click on a thread you automatically start at your first unread post there. May as well make those cookies do something useful.

weeksy

I’m on the fretboard a lot and uf you click on a thread you automatically start at your first unread post there. May as well make those cookies do something useful.

That’s a feature that’s not on all forums as an option for the Admins, i’d love that on mine for example but it’s simply not within the phpbb software sadly… So it’s completely possible it doesn’t exist here too

MoreCashThanDash

Keep seeing this bouncing to the top of the page and can only report that it all seems to be working fine for me, no issues for ages 🤷‍♂️

I appreciate it will probably now be New Year before it lets me post anything again

brads
    Free Member

It show tech@ not tech-support@

I’d also say that never getting a reply is the very definition of ignored.

haloric
    Free Member

Yes, was getting ad-click jacking on my old linux desktop, although not on macOS.

Glad its not me – that is the kind of thing that will be the straw that breaks the camels back for me, if it keeps happening.

Cougar

Where do we post constructive suggestions?

Nowhere because the devs don’t read the forums. There’s a help button right there ↙, use that.

There is a difference between not receiving a reply and actually going unheard. I can promise you that bugs and suggestions all get logged and tracked.

I appreciate that communication out of STW isn’t always what it could be, but if you’re expecting to be personally fluffed by a dev team of just two people on a site with 1.5 million hits a month then you’re off your rocker.

brads
    Free Member

but if you’re expecting to be personally fluffed by a dev team of just two people on a site with 1.5 million hits a month then you’re off your rocker.

Well done.

Drac

It show tech@ not tech-support@

I know but what it doesn’t have is support@

Not getting a reply isn’t exactly being ignored, it’s just poor communication. The bugs are listed mods can view the bugs pass any we find on. I will mention it might be helpful to reply where possible.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Is this forum broken?’ is closed to new replies.