Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is there a kit to convert a Chris King rear hub to boost?
  • thered

That’s not just a bunch of Shims and isn’t rubbish?
    Thanks

tazzymtb

you can get a full king ISO boost conversion kit, but it’s bloomin expensive.

Chris King ISO Conversion Kit (Boost & Non Boost)

singlespeedstu

I’ve just got a 6mm spacer with shrink-wrap holding it on on the brake side and a 6mm plate under the disc.
    Been working great like that for at least 5 years.
    I did look at the King kit but they’re taking the piss at that price.

desperatebicycle

Isn’t that their USP? 🙂

ratherbeintobago

you can get a full king ISO boost conversion kit, but it’s bloomin expensive.

It will not allow for converting from non boost to boost.

?

tomhoward

That’s for changing your freehub/converting to through axle on a boost or non boost hub I think. Not between boost and non Boost

dyna-ti

$344/£281

Plus of course your initial outlay for the wheels/hubs

Flog them off and buy a set of DT/Superstar/Hope/Other.

argee

Nope, it’s never possible without doing daft stuff, don’t even think boostinators work for ck hubs.

tall_martin

For two years I’ve had a spacer on both sides of a rear hub and a spacer under the disk on a non king hub.

It’s been fine. I’m sure it would be fine for a king hub.

DT78
    Free Member

Last time I looked you couldn’t do it and I couldn’t find any kits. Saved me a fortune as I just kept the old bike rather than upgrade.

Is a boostinator there equivalent for a rear 135 qr / fun bolts ? If so where I can I get it?

tomhoward

I’ve had a spacer on both sides of a rear hub and a spacer under the disk on a non king hub.

this is what I’m doing on a front king hub. Not ridden it yet but can’t see why it wouldn’t work?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Thought I’d replied to this but can’t see it now. I ran a generic boost adapter kit on on my CK wheels without issue. Only a pain if you frequent swap wheels about or are prone to punctures.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.