Is there a decent angleset thingy for 1 and 1/8th headtubes?

Home Forum Bike Forum Is there a decent angleset thingy for 1 and 1/8th headtubes?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is there a decent angleset thingy for 1 and 1/8th headtubes?
  • wl

Looking to slacken off my hardtail with one of those headsets that reduces the head angle, but my frame is an old-school conventional 1 1/8th. Does the headset I’m looking for exist and can anyone recommend a decent reliable one. Ta.

sailor74

Cane Creek made one…….

As far as I know they havent made a second! Well I’m sure they probably have and there was a campaign on Dirt to get them to bring it to market, that was a while ago, you may have to wait a while longer.

scruff

Works Components, I have one in my Heckler- Very good indeed.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

You’ll be wanting a Works Components headset then Will.

Fitted one to Manda’s Heckler,works fine. Just make sure you order for the correct length headtube and take your time fitting it straight.

wl

Mint, cheers all.
    Stu – let’s meet up in the lakes sometime in 2013. I did a great ride with Mark & Mark (think you know them) a couple of months ago – reckon you’d have really enjoyed it. You and Amanda enjoy your Christmas.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Works Components stuff is good- better design than the angleset, much cheaper, and made in the UK. Got them in 2 bikes, I seem to go through top bearings quite fast but that’s the only criticm I have (could be wrong but I suspect the flat top lets water sit on top of it then soak past the bearing seals!)

wl

Useful info, ta. Any idea how the top cup stack height compares to a Hope headset?

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

Will.
    Sounds good.
    Drop us an email in the new year.

Dimensions for the headset are here.

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/works-components—10-degree-ec34—traditional-1-18-fitment-6-p.asp

Happy christmas to you and Daisy too.

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

Works +1.

On-One had some on sale recently, might be worth looking at their site, too.

wl

Cheers, Stu. Will be in touch early next year and hopefully we’ll get something fixed up.

JoeG – ta – will check that site.

xiphon

Noticeable difference?

Is 1.0 degree enough?

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

xiphon – Member

Noticeable difference?

Is 1.0 degree enough?

Yes, IME.

Any idea how the top cup stack height compares to a Hope headset?

not exactly, but my lower cup frame to crown is about 13mm, and top cup frame to first spacer is c17mm

Noticeable difference?

yes, clearly not going to be massive, but noticeable nonetheless.

Is 1.0 degree enough?

it’s pretty much all you’ll get with a narrow 1.125 steerer!

andeh

On One sell thier version of the slackset. It’s made by Works and, if I recall, is a little cheaper. I’ve bought one for my BFe.

wl

On-one sold out of my size (got a 120mm length headtube, so I need their type 3 product) but thatnks for all the help anyway.

Digger90

I have one for sale if you’re interested..

Works Components -1 Degree Angleset for 1 1/8th inch Head Tubes, Size 4
    (this was on my large 2010 Turner DW Spot)
    £50 posted

wl

Thanks, but going by Works’ website it’s a set 2 I need, I think. Headtube on my bike is 120mm.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is there a decent angleset thingy for 1 and 1/8th headtubes?’ is closed to new replies.