Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is Qobuz worth the premium subscription?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m think of going down the hi res streaming route. Is this a good idea and is it worth £250 a year.

Also, any recommendations for a player / amp for around 600 notes?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Anybody?

Hohum
    Free Member

I have not used Qobuz, but I have heard that their catalogue isn’t as large as say Tidal.

I use Tidal through my Bluesound Node 2 and it sounds great.

It will also decode MQA files, but I don’t hear that much difference between them and normal red book files to be honest.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Buy equipment, buy normal streaming service. If you think it isn’t up to scratch quality wise, then buy the hi res.

After a while, after you realise you can’t tell the difference(or rather when you stop telling yourself you can hear the difference), go back to the normal 320 kbps streaming service and save a few quid! 😆

highpeakrider
    Free Member

I didn’t like it, quality is OK but it’s to french focused, being a french company.

Do a trial and see what you think, I prefer Apple Music.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Save up some more squids, buy NAIM and stream Tidal 1411kbps.

Hear the difference.

catfood
    Free Member

Depends if as Mr Woppit says you have the kit to play Tidal or similar at 1411 kps and a good enough system to get the benefits then yes probably, if you’re going to play it via an Airport Express etc and an iphone or tablet then probably not.

Tidal only does CD quality on phone, tablet etc, for the full fat master quality you have to stream via a laptop or dedicated streamer, I’ve been giving Tidal a free trial and done a few tests against Apple Music, alternating between the two on the same tracks and I can barely tell the difference, I’d say it sounds maybe 10% better and that’s listening very carefully (same as testing against CDs), although as above I’m just doing it via a phone, so I’d have to get quite spendy to get the full benefits.

I’ve found Tidal quite clunky too, randomly stopping after tracks etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is Qobuz worth the premium subscription?’ is closed to new replies.