Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • is my new kitten ok
  • fbk
    Free Member

Just something from Wilkinsons/the supermarket/your local pet shop will do.

NNNooooooooooooooo! 😯

Any flea/worming treatment from a supermarker/petshop is a waste of time (Bob Marten, Johnsons, supermarket own etc etc). Bigger per shops can sell frontline which is fine for the cat and I think you can get acclaim or staykill from a chemist.

If you're using Advantage or Frontline Combo from the vets that has some environmental activity though so you'll probably be fine.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yup, second fbk, have tried pet shop/ supermarket stuff before and it doens't work.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Awww. Gratuitous cat-shots:

Jelly:

and JJ:

say 'hello'.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Telemaster – I was responding to the post about a cat looking over its shoulders as she drank…

Telemaster18
    Free Member

oh right i see, very good. Really want to get a photo up now. Will do as soon as….hello to jelly and jj from wayne.

mogrim

Most of Monty:

The rest of Monty:

😈

montylikesbeer

ohhhh that hurts

Telemaster18
    Free Member

ouch!

mogrim

He's fine now, and it was either that or mrs. mogrim would have wrung his neck… marking territory is fine outside, when he does it on your bed it's a different matter!

fbk
    Free Member

mogrim – I can't believe you got photos of his balls!!! 😕 🙂

curiousorange
    Free Member

Cat's don't drink water by choice. If they do, they prefer it from a puddle or the loo! I've never seen them drink from a bowl and they get most of their water from their food, unless you are only feeding them dried food.

Our cats absolutely refuse to drink water fresh from the tap. Instead they would either drink from the pond or any stagnant water to be found in plant dishes, buckets etc. I think it's to do with the chlorine / fluoride they put in the water. However I discovered that if I fill a tub and leave for a day and fill their bowl from that. I put a lid on the tub to stop anything contaminating the water and they happily drink that water from their bowl . I figure it has to be cleaner and healthier than what they were drinking.

Oh and the best toys ever for cats… i) a steel chain (like the ones they secure the pens to the counter with in banks) and ii) an nice thick old sock filled with catnip.

Pigface
    Free Member

Two of the cats in Sweden drink out of the tap if it is dripping.

Houns

Oscar's first day (we found out 2 days later he had cat flu)

The big Monkey now

scraprider
    Free Member

great thread , nothing to add i got 3 cats , there great.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Oscar has very nice markings! Was he sneezing and eye's watering? Been to the vet and she said it was conjunctivitis but keep an eye on him and to bring back if it doesn't clear. Photo on its way.

Houns

Yeah he was sneezing, snuffling lots and eyes watering

Telemaster18
    Free Member

if it works

Telemaster18
    Free Member

taken on a phone cos still can't find memory card.

Houns

Ahhh!

If he doesn't drink much (Oscar didn't when he was poorly)the vet can give you some very moist kitten food

Telemaster18
    Free Member

He's got the same symptoms so i've got to keep an eye on him for a couple of days and if he doesn't get any better then gotta go bk

eldridge
    Free Member

I love cats

I admire their cold superciliousness

cranberry
    Free Member

Telemaster,

that's one cute kitten. Watch out though, they grow up into cats:

( actually she's really sweet natured, just not at her best when someone cuts short her afternoon nap in the sun )

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Wont stop playing now!!! tryin to fight with everything and anything!

SammyC
    Free Member

Best toy you can get for a cat/kitten is a laser pointer, they go mad for it and best of all is that you don't have to move!

Obviously avoid pointing it in their eyes! 😀

geoffj

Its the killing season though.
    I watched Jasper eat (yes all of it) a vole yesterday and I've just liberated a blackbird which was hiding behind the fridge in the kitchen – presumable since last night as we came home to find the living room full of feathers, but no carcass to be found.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Awww, he's so cute!

Reluctant
    Free Member

When little Pumpkin was unwell, we gave her some drugs, man!

badblood
    Free Member

I thought cats were not very clean animals until we got a Dog.

Dogs are filthy creatures but cats look at you as if you are the dirty one!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I should clarify, that when I suggested using stuff from the supermarket – I only meant the anti-flea floor spray/powder, not any stuff you put ON the cat! We're used various things generally with success, the vet's spray we bought didn't do jack sh**…
    I've read some nasty things about the Bob Martin spot-on stuff, for sure make sure you use Frontline or Advocate & get it from the vets (or reputable online supplier).

Laser pens are the best toys – as someone says, you'll laugh your nuts off watching the cat chase it round at warp speed!
    That, and a box/holdall. For some reason, they always seem to jump into them & play.

colnagokid

the two cats Ive had didnt drink water from the bowl, old boy Myron drank from a bowl of rainwater outside, Titch a kitten I 'found' used to drink from the tap!
    Nuts the lot of them

coffeeking
    Free Member

No it's not OK. You'll have to GIVE IT TO ME!

I want a kitten.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If Wayne(cool name) is going to go outside then it might be worth getting him micro chiped. It's not that expensive and certainly worth it. Have both of mine chiped.
    Ref. water. My two both have very different drinking habits. Billy will only drink from a bowl out side and lottie will only drink fresh tap water from a blue mug next to our kitchen sink and loves chasing anything that is Yellow. Cats are weird!!!

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘is my new kitten ok’ is closed to new replies.