Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is my light battery knackered?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a trout liberator on my commuter and use a smudge battery. I’ve had both for around 3 years I think.

I was on holiday last week so didn’t use the bike and I think I last used it and the light two weeks ago.

Plugged the battery into the light this morning and nothing – no light, no battery warning LED. So I thought the battery must just be completely out of power.

My charger is at work so when I got in I plugged the battery in to charge, but the light on the charger is flashing red rather than constant. Took the battery out the bottle I house it in and there’s a bit of water in there.

The battery is double wrapped in plastic bags but I guess some moisture has got into it somehow and its now knackered.

Whats the chances of it drying out and being usable again?

z1ppy

Send it to Smudge (MTB Batteries) to check out, he’d know. I’d suggest buying another battery, but I imagine the connectors are your stumbling block.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I’ll probably leave it a few weeks see if it’ll dry out. I have another couple of lights so don’t need it fixed asap.

z1ppy

If it’s anything like my Trout Mini, it’s been the best more reliable unit I’ve bought, cost me an arm and leg compared to the chinese stuff but nothing lasted this long (Lupine take note!) or been as good an all round light. I’d get the battery sent off to be checked asap

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is my light battery knackered?’ is closed to new replies.