Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Is it time for a New Political Movement?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Personally I would like to see people voting differently.

That fits precisely with my point. Surely that requires “A New Political Movement”? Your own posts criticise the lack of differentiation between the mainstream parties…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

We already have more than 3 political parties, and yet those 3 political parties obviously satisfy the needs of the overwhelming majority of the population.

By all means start another political party, but I don’t think Britain is facing a political crises due to a lack of political parties.

I would focus on how people vote.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Your own posts criticise the lack of differentiation between the mainstream parties…

They have merely identified demand and have responded to the needs of the market. It makes sense that all 3 main parties should offer the electorate the same and focus purely on presentation.

klumpy
    Free Member

People don’t understand our system – they think they vote for a Prime Minister, not one of many MPs who then form a government from among themselves – so we need to educate people or change the system to what they think it is.

Also the last time I watched some footage of a debate in the Lords and a debate in the Commons, I felt that we’d be better off scrapping the Commons and keeping the Lords. The commons was sound-bites, puns, dogma and point-scoring… it was like STW forum live; the lords had an intelligent discussion. 😯

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Is it time for a New Political Movement?’ is closed to new replies.