• This topic has 34 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • is it me…………or are a lot of people who come on here………………
  • ton

very very jelous about other people buying and selling bike/bits /stuff…
    a few choice words for you….

GET A **** JOB THAT PAYS BETTER……………. 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

To be fair ton, you do buy and sell a lot of bikes, regardless of your personal financial status you must loose £s on all these bikes.

Smee
    Free Member

I'm guessing there's a story behind that outburst Ton. 😉

tootallpaul

It's Ton's choice though.

(A Ton bike beneficiary…)

😀

Kramer
    Free Member

Not jealous, just don't understand it.

And according to the IFS website

Your income is so high that you lie beyond the far right hand side of the chart.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It needn't be "jealousy". It could be bafflement at the warped priorities, horror at the profligacy, amusement at the indecision or contempt for the New Gear Is the Answer mentality.

Don't much care either way. Ton is one kind of special case anyway. Hora is another. 😀

MrAgreeable

Another baffled person here. Money's not the issue. If you buy second hand and look after your kit you can do it without losing much money at all, but really, hand on heart, who can say that they ride as often as they can, develop their skills to their fullest, but their bike holds them back?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am totally baffled by some folks attitudes to buying new kit for the reasons big dummy states

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am jealous of everything about you , the bike walkingriding skills, living in the white rose county …..everything 😉
    bringing the forks on Sunday Ton?

BigDummy
    Free Member

who can say that they ride as often as they can, develop their skills to their fullest, but their bike holds them back?

I certainly cannot.

In my mind there's a level of appropriate gear for my level of skill and fitness, so I'm willing to go up a notch if I'm very conscious that I've improved, even if the bike isn't the only or main thing keeping me off the podium. 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

who can say that they ride as often as they can, develop their skills to their fullest, but their bike holds them back

Me, yup, defo me. I say 'go'. my bike says 'no' 😉

MrAgreeable

You have a speaking bike?

BigDummy
    Free Member

He upgraded it from a grabby, holding one like yours. 😛

MrAgreeable

My bikes don't do any holding. They don't even do cupping. 🙁

shinsplints

I'm jealous of Ton as he is so big he can beat anyone he likes up.

ton

johnnie, forks coming with me on sunday….

but seriously, why is it a issue with people that other people want to spend their money on a thing they love/choose/desire to spend it on.

my house cost me less than 30k when i bought it……….
    why the **** do people buy houses 10x that.
    my car cost me 4k when i bought it…………….
    why the **** do people buy cars 10x that.

because they want to………….it is their choice
    and obviously i do lose a fair bit of dosh when i sell bikes/bits on.
    so what, it is only money, it can be earned again.

like i said, imagine being loaded and eating nothing but toast for the rest of you sad life……….. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Dunno. People are like the Jones, they want to know other peoples business, then pour scorn on. Gossip if you like. I dont care, I rode today so Im happy 🙂

Peace you'all x

Junkyard
    Free Member

WIll bring dosh to help with your next build/car/ non toast based breakfast

rolfharris
    Free Member

Ton- your brake levers arrived and so the whole box will be on its way soon. I forgot to put in cables though, sorry!

backhander
    Free Member

Priorities man, priorities.
    Boasting about high earnings can haunt you though, lots of redundancies about and some may regret losing £XX on a single frame in future.
    Some have more than one hobby/children/child support/bigger houses in more expensive areas/likings for recreational illegal substances.
    But to be fair its your money, you've earned it; do what you want with it.

ton

johnnie, nice one
    luke, no problem, got some full metal jackets for them…… 8)

MrAgreeable

imagine being loaded and eating nothing but toast for the rest of you sad life

A better metaphor would be swapping all your butter knives for titanium ones. 😉

ton

backhander – Member
    Priorities man, priorities.
    Boasting about high earnings can haunt you though, lots of redundancies about and some may regret losing £XX on a single frame in future.
    Some have more than one hobby/children/child support/bigger houses in more expensive areas/likings for recreational illegal substances.
    But to be fair its your money, you've earned it; do what you want with it.

backhander………… do you know what these 😉 are….

ton

Mr Agreeable

who has told you about my next project, only a certain mr richards knows about that…..the barsteward……… 😉

backhander
    Free Member

umm. think they're smiley faces. is that wrong?
    Is there a guide to the faces?
    People used to wear them on t-shirts. something to do with drugs i think.
    you're not on drugs are you ton? You could buy even more bike stuff if you stopped.

hora
    Free Member

Redundancies etc? Err some of the folk who were/are redundant probably earnt more than most of us on here (some less of course)- and prob go on to earn more/better. Its all relative. Most folk on here probably drive a better car than me, go on better holidays- who cares though?!!!

pstokes99
    Free Member

your money, your choice – stuff what anyone else might think..jealous or otherwise.

Just wish I was a couple of inches taller so i could benefit from Ton's cast offs.

backhander
    Free Member

Just wish I was a couple of inches taller so i could benefit from Ton's cast offs.

Fair one…

hora
    Free Member

Oh and ps. I only tend to keep the bike frames that have 'Santa Cruz' in the title. Guess it says something about what I think of most brands huh 😉

ton

hora, you coming on the stw ride on sunday.
    you need to make amends………………… 😆

Vortexracing

just wish i was a couple of FEET taller

bonesetter
    Free Member

Spill the Richard's beans…?

steve_b77
    Free Member

bloody hell £30k for a house, when did you buy that, 1984? 😆

epicyclo

BigDummy – Member
    ….In my mind there's a level of appropriate gear for my level of skill and fitness, so I'm willing to go up a notch if I'm very conscious that I've improved, even if the bike isn't the only or main thing keeping me off the podium.

In my case it's to get the bike as light as possible because I hate pushing a heavy bike 🙂

CHB

£1000 spent on bike bits is infinitely more satisfying than the same amount spent on cars or home improvements.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘is it me…………or are a lot of people who come on here………………’ is closed to new replies.