Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Is drinking lemonade as bad as drinking Coca Cola
  • Pigface
    Free Member

An argument that all most got out of hand over the weekend.

To me both sugary drinks.

maccruiskeen

coca cola is made with ‘vegetable extracts’ so is one of your five a day

Cougar

A quick google would suggest they’re broadly similar in sugar content.

spacey

Depends on the level of sugar in each I would think. More sugar will decay teeth quicker and increase calorie intake. Fundamentally they are both sugary drinks as you say so won’t be doing you much good.

The other side is that I don’t drink coca cola as they are such a monstrously huge multi national and I try not to had to their profits.

shermer75
    Free Member

I would say the caffeine in cola nudges it past the lemonade in the unhealthy stakes

richmtb

Not much between any full fat fizz

Scores on the boards if you are interested are 35g of sugar in a can of Coke and 28g in a can of Sprite.

So saying one is healthier than the other is a bit like saying falling out of a fifth floor window is better for you than falling out of a sixth floor window

sssimon
    Free Member

could be worse, you could be drinking diet coke/sprite

bigjim

this^

seem to be a lot of these coke kills you and pringles give you cancer stupid bs things going around on facebook these days.

everything in moderation

shermer75
    Free Member

Just to put the cat among the pidgeons there’s more sugar in fruit juice than coca cola! Haha get your noodle around that one 😉

grum
    Free Member

sssimon – Member

I’d agree with you purely on taste terms but there’s a lot of bollocks floating round the internet about how bad aspartame is for you, despite a lack of any evidence whatsoever.

johndoh
    Free Member

Depends on what you are mixing the coke / lemonade with…

Macavity
    Free Member

Robert Lustig talking about sugar

hainey
    Free Member

Agreed on the diet drinks stuff, much better to drink the full fat sugary goodness than the chemical laced diet stuff.

scotroutes

I prefer the taste of the diet stuff. It’s a lot less syrupy and has none of that nasty C12H22O11 chemical in it.

Macavity
    Free Member

Five-a-day and smoothies
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20858809

Coffee (Caffeinated drinks) Vs Smoothies
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24621394

nealglover
    Free Member

much better to drink the full fat sugary goodness than the chemical laced diet stuff.

Is that an opinion based on taste ?

Or is it based on bad internet “science” ?

hainey
    Free Member

Based on research and science. Aspartame is linked to a lot of physical and mental health issues for which there are many scientific studies being conducted. Ignore at your peril.

Drac

The other side is that I don’t drink coca cola as they are such a monstrously huge multi national and I try not to had to their profits.

Must be a real pain trying not to buy a drink that is not owned by a corporation, especially the size of Coca-cola.

How’s your tap water?

maccruiskeen

Thats why I drink Innocent Smoothies instead 😆

nickjb
    Free Member

Summary? Good or bad?

johnners
    Free Member

Summary? Good or bad?

Bad.

trail_rat
    Free Member

as bad as each other.

give me tap water anyday*

*i live somewhere the tap waters actually nice 😉

p8ddy
    Free Member

Thats why I drink Innocent Smoothies instead

Innocent are owned by Coca Cola.

Jus’ Sayin’…

grum
    Free Member

Based on research and science. Aspartame is linked to a lot of physical and mental health issues for which there are many scientific studies being conducted. Ignore at your peril.

Evidence?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Cougar

Aspartame is linked to a lot of physical and mental health issues for which there are many scientific studies being conducted. Ignore at your peril.

Aspartame is linked to a lot of physical and mental health issues by idiots on the Internet. It’s one of the most rigorously tested food substances on the planet. If it ever gets linked to actual issues by actual evidence I’ll eat my own shoes.

z1ppy

darn it, too slow! 😉

maccruiskeen

Thats why I drink Innocent Smoothies instead

Jus’ Sayin’…

I know
    *innocent face* 🙂

maccruiskeen

I’ll eat my own shoes.

But they’re terribly bad for you

kimbers

hainey – Member

absolute bullshine

hainey
    Free Member

Aspartame is linked to a lot of physical and mental health issues by idiots on the Internet. It’s one of the most rigorously tested food substances on the planet. If it ever gets linked to actual issues by actual evidence I’ll eat my own shoes.

Idiots eat their own shoes.
    Idiots also choose to ignore warnings.

Just sayin

hainey
    Free Member

The most noticeable issues currently is the link between it and Serontonin levels, leading to depression and other neural issues (building on Sharma’s initial work and later taken up by The Department of Psychiatry at Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine).

johnners
    Free Member

Idiots eat their own shoes.

Just sayin

Still no link to a reputable scientific study?

kimbers

its the diabetics I feel sorry for

and all those billions of people chewing gum

Cougar

But they’re terribly bad for you

It’s ok, they’re aspartame-free.

Well, no. There’s a difference, you see, between ignoring warnings and doing a bit of research rather than blindly believing everything you read. When he receives an unsubstantiated warning, does the wise man think “oh, I’d better look into that” or does he immediately forward it to 200 of his closest friends on Facebook “just in case”?

The origins of this scare story go back to a chain letter from the 90s, and it’s still doing the rounds (google “Nancy Markle”). We can file it next to the Good News virus, the dying little boy wanting his emails to go around the world, and Bill Gates sending you to Disneyland.

DrP

How’s your tap water?

Full of Coca-cola goodness...

DrP

hainey
    Free Member

The origins of this scare story go back to a chain letter from the 90s, and it’s still doing the rounds (google “Nancy Markle”). We can file it next to the Good News virus, the dying little boy wanting his emails to go around the world, and Bill Gates sending you to Disneyland.

And smoking being bad for you.

maccruiskeen

Cola Admits That Dasani is Nothing But Tap Water

Well — their early adverts claimed that Dasani contained ‘bottled spunk’

*innocent facial*

Cougar

And smoking being bad for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

molgrips
    Free Member

Dasani wasn’t quite tap water, it was purified tap water. Common in the US where there don’t seem to be enough mineral water springs to cover the whole country. Most bottled water there is not mineral water. They didn’t claim it was mineral water here, and were quite surprised when we were upset.

ocrider

Sugary drink tastes nicer than fake sugary drink. Fact acccording to my tastebuds.

Still, it could be worse. Have you tried stevia in camomile tea with soy milk? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Is drinking lemonade as bad as drinking Coca Cola’ is closed to new replies.