Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • iphone Outlook Sync
  • weeble
    Free Member

I've just ordered a new iphone and was wondering if anyone has been able to wirelessly sync an iphone with Outlook?

If it is possible how's it done??

Drac

In what sense, what are you after syncing?

jam-bo

mine syncs up nicely with works exchange server and my gmail account.

where is your email account.

weeble
    Free Member

I understand that you can sync calander, contacts etc when you plug the phone into a PC using a USB, I was wondering if it was possible to update the calander and contacts on the phone and outlook without having to plug the phone in much like my works Blackberry does.

weeble
    Free Member

Email account is BT internet one so it's a POP3???

jam-bo

you can add a pop3 account in the mail app.
    calendar less likely but you can sync up to a google calender easily enough.

Drac

Your email will be picked up by which ever device connects first, if BT do an IMAP option then look at that. As for the rest I took a quick look and couldn't find away that was a few months back and only quickly. I used it to change the corrupted names when I imported them from the sim.

jam-bo

easiest solution is move to a gmail email/calender.

get the gmail account to pick up your bt mail.

that way you can move phone/broadband as well without worrying about losing your email account.

footflaps

Yes – wireless sync with Exchange works perfectly, no need to connect to a PC / Mac. Just use the mail app to add an Exchange server and away you go – contacts, calender and mail all synced.

Drac

Tried and seems to work well.

weeble
    Free Member

Thanks will try out the vatious options out when the phone comes.

Drac

The one I posted lasts for 90 days then you need to find a host of the software or host your own. Seem to be those that do it for free though and does work very well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘iphone Outlook Sync’ is closed to new replies.