Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Iphone 4s
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Are they available now? Can I go to the shop and buy one now or will I have to order it?

Drac

Not out to Friday and given it’s Apple you’ll might be better off ordering. Most providers are offering cashback for pre-orders.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to get through to Orange since last night (I dont want an iphone) and have clocked about 4 hours so far on hold trying to get through to some one. Its apparently available on pre order.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i’m going to the o2 store on Friday morning and expect a queue of people.

ericemel
    Free Member

A bunch of decent cash back offers on quidco and topcashback are giving cash back form the apple store on 4gs

Save your monies and dont line up!

Drac

Quidco is also giving extra on top of the providers, shame they were slow in doing so and I already ordered mine.

GrahamS
    canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

‘The best way to see this is to load the Settings app that is built into iOS. On the iPhone 4, it can take up to 3 seconds to load. On the iPhone 4S, it loads in less than a second.’

You’ve convinced me. Where do I sign?

Drac

What a shock, a small difference between the 4 and 4S who’d have thought. I’m on a 3GS with an expired contract hence the upgrade.

GrahamS

The reviews are actually pretty positive Drac, which was surprising to me given all the “but it’s not an iPhone 5” angst.

Siri and the new camera both sound very impressive.

Plus I suspect Steve Jobs dying may help sales. The cunning git. 😀

clubber
    Free Member

While I’m assuming it’s not exclusive to the 4S, Siri does sound good – will be interesting to see what Apple’s competitors come up with.

GrahamS

Yeah Siri is exclusive to the 4s. “Needs the faster processor” apparently. 🙄

Drac

Sorry Graham my response was directed at canibearaindogtoo.

Siri does sound very impressive.

organic355
    Free Member

anyone doing trade in deals for 3Gs’ iphones? what can I expect to get for it as a trade in?

GrahamS
    brassneck

Yeah Siri is exclusive to the 4s. “Needs the faster processor” apparently.

Any money on that getting reigned in a few months after launch? Bit of late ‘code optimisation’?

GrahamS

Hmm.. it’s a USP so possibly not. I can imagine the Jailbreak crew will be interested in it though.

Personally I’d be happy if they gave me a cut down Siri that just read out incoming texts to me. Be very handy in the car or on the bike.

brassneck

Just read a bit more and see no reason why it shouldn’t – Siri appears to be in the main a cloud app (or at least the intelligence bit) – the phone just does speech to text. Fingers crossed then.

I read somewhere the jailbreak crew already put the “only runs on 4s” to bed, it originally ran on the 3gs

brassneck

I just want it to understand ‘Open the pod bay doors, HAL’

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Plus I suspect Steve Jobs dying may help sales. The cunning git. 😀

Aye, He’s up there with the bigfela, making a Blackberry Crumble…

GrahamS

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 4s’ is closed to new replies.