Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Interior windscreen scratch – any solutions?
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

So I picked up a Golf at Auction in December and I’m now looking to fix the last of its cosmetic woes. theres a vertical scratch bout 4 inches long right in my field of vision, it’s not heavy, (its almost unnoticeable in certain light) but it is distracting. It’s deep enough to feel with a fingernail. My best gues would be its been done with an engagement ring.

My Valeter said that they had tried to polish out similar faults and failed.

What does the hive mind say?

russianbob
    Free Member

No excess on glass on most insurance policies. Obtain a ‘stone’ chip which develops into a crack.

legend
    Free Member

[qoute] russianbob – Member

No excess on glass on most insurance policies. Obtain a ‘stone’ chip which develops into a crack[/quote]

Op, did I not hear a stone rattling off your windscreen this morning?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’d considered the replacement route, it doesn’t seem very sporting though, (especially since if gone public) and I’m sure I’ve heard various old wives tales about replacement screens being a source or creaks, leaks and general woe.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just call Autoglass – Golf’s are easy and bonded in.
    Any issues their guarantee covers it.

legend
    Free Member

oliverd1981 – Member

I’d considered the replacement route, it doesn’t seem very sporting though, (especially since if gone public) and I’m sure I’ve heard various old wives tales about replacement screens being a source or creaks, leaks and general woe.

had three windscreens replaced over the years; no creaks, leaks or woe of any description

woody2000

I doubt it has to be chipped for the insurance to cover it. If it’s obscuring your view or distracting you, that would enough I imagine.

https://www.autoglass.co.uk/glass-repair-and-replacement/windscreen-repair/windscreen-scratch-repair/

oliverd1981
    Free Member

This wasn’t the kind of lunberjacking, can do, DIY ethos i expected to be honest.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Interior windscreen scratch – any solutions?’ is closed to new replies.