Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone else sat on the m4?
  • alwillis

Well stood- just after the bath turnoff. Got my bike in the car but not sure I can leave the car in the middle lane overnight 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

No, at home supping ale.

Toodle pip.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Wales online has this

“We are receiving reports of 10-mile tailbacks on the M4 westbound at Newport due to a collision involving three cars.

The incident occurred between junction 26 with Malpas Road and junction 27 at Highcross.

The vehicles have now been moved on to the hard shoulder, but congestion is stretching to Magor Services.

Two lanes were blocked for about 15 minutes, but all lanes are now open again.”

awh
    Free Member

I would have been if I hadn’t had the day off!

There’s a couple of nice bridleways round J18, I regularly watched the crawling holiday traffic on a summer afternoon from them.

Sorry this isn’t helping is it.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Closed Eastbound between 17-18 Bath, bad accident.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

You want to be thankful you weren’t on the M6 northbound early evening! Only an extra 1 3/4 hours on our normal journey time from Stoke to the M55.

I headed out from Trowbridge/Bath toward M5 and up to Derbyshire at 14.20 – got to my local pub at 19.50 – 175 miles, 5.5 hrs.

A46 screwed
    M4 screwed
    M5 screwed
    Alternative route screwed
    M42 screwed
    Too much mud on wheels = balancing screwed and limited to 55mph max when the traffic was moving

A worse journey, I have had not!

curto80
    Free Member

Second Friday in a row I’ve had a tour of the country lanes of Wiltshire trying to get home from Bristol to Hampshire. Bloody Friday afternoon drivers. Just drive properly you morons.

That said satnav with live traffic is the way forward. 2 hour drive could have been a lot worse.

garage-dweller

Wasn’t too hot a fortnight ago. Same spot roughly – 5 hours to get to central Hampshire from Cardiff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else sat on the m4?’ is closed to new replies.