Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Insuring a 17 year olds first car – tips and advice
  • eskay

My eldest has a 1.2 2004 Corsa, it was 1200 to insure at 17 with no black box through admiral. It is just coming up for renewal with 2 years no claims at around 500 so it is worth drumming in to them how important it is to keep their nose clean.

Opted for no black box because he had a part time job at a restaurant which meant using the car late at night.

Youngest is 17 and has a test next month, we bought him a 1.4 fiesta 2002 and admiral are around 1200 again (with no black box). Just hope he passes because I don’t know when he will be able to book another test!

Vortexracing

Just got the insurance for my daughter sorted. She is still on a Provisional Licence, as she is only just 17, but via Adrian Flux it was £300 for the year with one of those learner driver policies.

When she passes her test, the policy is cancelled and then its look again. 🙁

and her driving instructor has said they have a massive backlog of exams to get through and she is talking a 10 month waiting list !!!!!!!!!

tthew

via Adrian Flux it was £300 for the year with one of those learner driver policies

That’s about standard because there is always a qualified driver in charge.

When she passes her test, the policy is cancelled and then its look again. 🙁

Which is when the 13 to 17 hundred quid price applies.

fooman

If taking out a new policy you can also get cashback through QuidCo through to one of the comparison sites.

Vortexracing

Which is when the 13 to 17 hundred quid price applies.

Hence the sad face

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Insuring a 17 year olds first car – tips and advice’ is closed to new replies.