Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Insulated water bottle
  • jaminb
    Free Member

Any recommendations please? Does not necessarily need to be bottle cage compatible. Prefer to buy once but cheaper the better – not worried about designer badges or ergonomic design!

Thanks

lunge

I’ve got a Camelbak Forge that works really well. Keep the drinks hot (or cold) and is pretty indestructible, mine’s about 4 years old and still works well.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Have a look at One Green Bottle products.

CaptainSlow

Really impressed with these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074J3LMDS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit – should add its build quality I’m impressed with. I use a flask for hot drinks, this for cold.

matt_outandabout

Do what we did for many a year – take any water bottle and Ducktape Karrimat around it.

How insulated does it have to be? I have an insulated camelback podium, it prevents freezing in this weeks subzero or warming up in summer heat with ice cubes in. We also have an old nalgene insulated sleeve that worked well, until one of the household lost the nalgene bottle. That was 50% as good as a flask.

We also have three different flasks in the house, for properly keeping things hot.

batfink
    Free Member

I know you said economical, but I have a Yeti bottle and its excellent.

It seems to be made of girders….. it’d certainly crack a concrete paving slab if you dropped it. It will definately last at least my lifetime.

jaminb
    Free Member

Thanks for responses. Should have said for keeping water cold. Off to Cape Verde and want a cold drink after a few hours kiting. Capt slow I was on the verge of buying your recommendation when I thought I cant make a big decision like this without the STw seal of approval.

CraigW
    Free Member

Those insulated steel bottles are available under loads of different brands. I’m sure they are all much the same thing, from the same Chinese factories. Cheaper if you buy them direct from AliExpress.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I bought a Corkcicle mug thing (they do bottles also) while out in the BVI in October. That thing is amazing – put a cold drink with ice in it and the ice will still be there 4 hours later easily. After 9 hours the ice was gone but the drink was still very cold.

A bit spendy though.

grtdkad
    Free Member

I bought a camelbak Podium bottle last year.
    It was decent at keeping drinks both hot and cold but I would not buy another as the valve was a PiTa to clean. Even taking lid & valve apart after each use I ended up binning** it after an ominous black mould appeared inside.

**okay. My missus threw it out.

701arvn
    Free Member

Home Bargains; identical to the Chillys items that are £25 on Amazon, labeled as ‘Manna’ and £5

jonesyboy

https://www.ulula.co.uk/pura-sports-top-22oz-vacuum-insulated-bottle-aqua-sleeve.html

I use one of these, take the silicone sleeve off and have a plastic bottle cage otherwise it’s noisy over bumps. Couple of hours in and refreshing fruit tea is a winner 😁

bigblackshed

Klean Kanteen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Insulated water bottle’ is closed to new replies.