Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Inspirational People
  • palmer77
    Free Member

I watched ‘Bones Brigade’ this week and wow, Rodney Mullen is a really inspirational chap. I would also add to my list of inspiratial people Robin Williams and Phillipe Petit, how about you?

maccruiskeen

Rodney mullen’s TED talks are a very enjoyable watch

Lifer
    Free Member

Henry Rollins

dannyh
    Free Member

An obvious one, but I think this should be mandatory secondary school reading:

The number of times it came down to him to set the tone and make the decision is awe inspiring. Many others played important parts, but as soon as it became apparent he was the figurehead, the apartheid government tried everything it could to isolate him from his support and colleagues. His judgement and poise alone marks him out, even if you take away the lack of personal bitterness and ability to forgive.

beej

Chrissie Wellington.

Various mates who’ve done some impressive endurance stuff – Darren, Jon, Caroline, Richard.

Terry Pratchett.

cinnamon_girl

Camila Batmanghelidjh.

binners

Brian blessed. Because he has the best voice in the world, and his life generally seems to have consisted of saying “**** it! I’m going to go and climb Everest!” Or something similarly mental, and not giving a toss what anyone thinks.

The world needs more people like that.

And Dennis Skinner. Just reading his biography. He stands as an uncomfortable reminder to the rest of our elected representatives, what genuine selfless principle and conviction looks like!

Northwind

Jim Swire

Fudd
    Free Member

Alex Zanardi

sands
    Free Member

Stephen Sutton

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lance Armstrong….

dannyh
    Free Member

Given the day, how’s about good old Jesus?

Throws himself to the ground before desperately fiddling for the entrenching tool as a fusillade of bullets zip overhead.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Jack Reacher

5thElefant
    Free Member

ton

not many people inspire me to be honest. not had many people to look up to in my life, but this bloke is a true inspiration..

http://www.backbenparkinson.co.uk/Home_page_Back_Ben_Parkinson.html

palmer77
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Lance Armstrong….
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Interesting aspect I guess, not sure if it was your intent but I guess people can inspire in a variety of ways to either follow their example/principles etc or not too…

surfer
    Free Member

Sam Harris

Muke
    Free Member

mattbee

Allen Parton, Pen Farthing, Mark Donaldson.

grizedaleforest

Jim Swire

Good call. An admirable man.

freeagent
    Free Member

My younger brother. He fought cancer like a warrior for 6 years and never complained once.
    He was brave and gracious in defeat, and inspired me to live everyday to the max.
    RIP Dom. X

wallop

Chrissie Wellington.

She stole my friend’s crisps 😡 😆

TiRed

Gertrude Elion – you’ve probably never heard of her. If you know anyone with HIV or childhood cancer, you should.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Stephen Murray and his friends that help him each and every day.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Inspirational People’ is closed to new replies.