Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Inflatable Kayak anyone?
  • plant
    Free Member

Hi,

Fancy messing about on the water in a kayak but don't have the space for a rigid one. Anyone used the inflatable? Is it any good? Does it suffer more from being blown around?

Not planning on serious stuff, so just general messing around on the sea and local rivers.

Cheers,

Carl.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My Mate has one he bought off eBay. He is coming around later I will get him to post something

plant
    Free Member

Cheers WCA – you're a gent and a scholar!

nigew
    Free Member

Ive had 2 Sevylor inflatables and highly recommend them!
    One was a White water SVX 100 which was great in the surf and the other was a 2man Ranger which was used for short trips along the coast, no epics though.
    A friend has the SVX200, 2 man version and he loves it!
    They never felt as though they got blown about but dont have experience of a rigid one anyway, one thing i would look for is one with a skeg underneath to help it go in a straight line.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yeah, I have 2 and they are great fun-not bad in reasonable conditions either. Easy to get on if you tip but that doesn't happen often. If you just want to play you can't go wrong and I think you could use them on longer trips if you use your head. Get reasonable quality ones as some can be a little flimsy and bend in the middle. Sevylor are good agreed!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That was him not me by the way

plant
    Free Member

LOL – I guessed so.

Thanks so much Nige and WCA.

Carl.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Inflatable Kayak anyone?’ is closed to new replies.