Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Mint Sauce to appear in STW?
  • M
    Free Member

Not true but as so much discussion takes place here about MS it could work. Even JB lurks about here. Perhaps a special edition single column strip?

jova54
    Free Member

What about the ‘Mint Sauce Story’ that JB was supposed to be publishing?

Is it still due later this year?

user-removed
    Free Member

Anyone else still got their Mint Sauce cycling jersey from back in the day? Day-glo orange and lime green, with lotsa pretty flowers 🙂

Mine’s a wee bit small now, even for a lycra top….

lovewookie

I have two, one of the orange ones and one of the bright pink ones 🙂

JoB
    Free Member

No

dawson

not the race strip, but still got these..

Mark

His references didn’t check out.

theflatboy
    Free Member

JoB – Member

No

it’s not gospel until we see it in a speech bubble coming out of the mouth of a sheep…

JoB
    Free Member

His references didn’t check out.

that Chipps sexual harassment case is going to haunt me forever isn’t it?

theflatboy
    Free Member

just been looking at some old calendars, brings back some memories. also, can anyone remember what the bike is that oonagh (if that’s right!) is pushing in this:

one_bad_mofo

anyone remember what the bike is that oonagh (if that’s right!) is pushing

Too easy that’s a slingshot

theflatboy
    Free Member

well played – it’s probably in the depths of my brain somewhere but more likely long-forgotten 🙂

foureyes
    Free Member

still got my Tea-Brake mug 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

i would love a current calendar – i used to love getting them each year when ki was younger, would also make a nice change from the boring art calendars my SO insists on! 😆

CountZero

The Mint Calendar is one thing I really miss. The current MBUK calendars are OK-ish, but the pics are so obviously supplied by advertisers now, rather than from the mags pic files, that mine’s been relegated to a little-used work room, rather than my main work space along with my big Mint poster. Speaking of which, any chance of more of your monthly pages being reproduced as a huge poster, Jo?

akira

Would a Mint style strip work in STW I wonder, The Mighty Adventures of Chipps and the Bearded Boy.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Idea for strip: North and South

North is played by Matt, South played by Chipps

A saga of bike adventures, rivalry, stereotypes and surreal/bloke humour

akira

With a sprinkling of sexual tension in a ‘will-they-won’t-they’ long running saga stylee.

TheGingerOne

Still got a Tea-brake mug as well as a little red mint sauce pin badge.
    Wore out the socks and t-shirts years ago!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

prinkling of sexual tension

yuch 😆

Sim

“North is played by Matt, South played by Chipps”

That’d be amusing as Matt is an Essex boy…

Bez

Essex is north 🙂

CountZero

I still have my ‘death of Mint’ Tee. Just wear it on special occasions now. 😀
    I have one of the Mint ‘yoga’ keyrings in perfect condition, ‘cos I just knew his little hands would get broken off, and I couldn’t bear for that to happen. The four drawings Jo did for me at the Bike shows are what I treasure most, tho’,
    Cheers, Jo, and may Mint continue to carry the flag for biking ungulants for many years to come.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I ended up buying MBUK just for Mint Sauce. I first encountered the cartoon in Bicycle Action, sometime in the late eighties. Me mum used to pinch me MBUK, just to read the Mint Sauce strip. I have a ‘Lotus position Mint’ keyring, somewhere. Would make a lovely head tube badge, actually.

Come on, STW. Get JoB on board. Mint Sauce is a MTBing institution.

Kuco

I’ve still got a green Mint Sauce pin badge but I wore a big hole in my Mint Sauce socks though and binned them.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

thisiswhy … ah bisto

Beagleboy

This is my favourite jersey, it ranks up there with my Return of the Jedi one! 😀

Wow, it’s so easy to do the linky thingy now!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mint Sauce to appear in STW?’ is closed to new replies.