Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • In Leeds with work advice on road riding please
  • KidCragg
    Free Member

How do

As per post I’m in Leeds this week with work (Tuesday/Wednesday) and am planning on taking the road bike with me for entertainment in the evenings. Any recommended routes? Thought about following the TdF route but keen to get local advice on what’s worth riding and where to avoid. Looking to do about 50 miles and would happily tag along if anyone is heading out or on any club runs.

Also restaurants and pubs advice for city centre welcomed as well!

Thanks in advance.

meehaja
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed writing a huge route out on my phone, when I get up tomorrow afternoon I shall present you with a route so mighty you will move to Leeds, buy a whippet and drink only ale brewed on a 15 mile radius of the mighty aire!

meehaja
    Free Member

ok, sorry for the lazy arse response earlier… Starting form Where ever you are in Leeds, head up the A660 towards headingley, from there head up weetwood lane and follow that to the ring road cross the ring road and then turn left up Adel lane, follow this until the road forks offering Arthington Rd and Eccup lane, I’d follow eccup lane. Follow this all the way to the A659. Turn left towards Pool in Wharfdale, In Pool, follow the A658 then turn left onto Leathley lane (B6161) follow this until you are up as near to the A59 as you can be bpthered going (its uphill here!) then follow the beautiful yorkshire lanes back towards Otley, then ride home along the A660.

nice route, not too far from civilisation but getting some good climbs on without needing to be too strict on route following. (basically, go to pool, go up the hill, come back down, go home.

theteaboy
    Free Member

A660, Headingley, Cookridge, Otley Chevin, Wharfedale used to be my commute and is ok but, personally, I’d be tempted to get the train to Skipton or Ilkley and take in some of the glorious riding from there.

There’s a great route library on Ilkley CC’s website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘In Leeds with work advice on road riding please’ is closed to new replies.