Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I'm too stupid to understand brake bits!!!!!
  • slaidlaw81
    Free Member

I have a pair of xtr M966 dual control levers and deore M525 calipers. What hose type bits do i need to join the two together. Thanks for any help

slaidlaw81
    Free Member
    timbur
    Free Member

That should do it. IIRC the caliper needs the banjo fitting and the lever has a screw in fitting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

my (old, black) 525 calipers are screw in.

slaidlaw81
    Free Member

once i get the bits is it pretty self explanitory or do i need a shop to do it?

theotherjonv

Other way round I think. The Banjo connector fits both ends of the full XTR set up, so for an XTR lever / Deore caliper you'd need a banjo one end and straight connector the other. ie: what you have linked.

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/XTR/DiskBrakeSystem/BR_M965/SI_8CM0F_En_v1_m56577569830607840.pdf

theotherjonv

once i get the bits is it pretty self explanitory or do i need a shop to do it?

easy to put together if you follow the instructions. Can you then bleed a set of brakes? Also not difficult, but you know your competence level.

slaidlaw81
    Free Member

i've never tried bleeding brakes on a bike but have done on a car. same idea i think. and i've got some bike savvy mates!

timbur
    Free Member

Your only right jonv. So the link is the right hose but banjo to the lever end and nut into the caliper.

slaidlaw81
    Free Member

cool. you guys are the best!!! 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Be gratfeul they're not banjo to banjo fittings, a royal PITA to find unless you go goodridge!

busydog
    Free Member

I'm pretty mechanically apt, but have never really/successfully figured out disc brakes: bleeding, adjusting, etc., so just end up taking it to the bike shop and they do whatever is needed quickly where it would take me hours (and still probably not get it right).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I'm too stupid to understand brake bits!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.