Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • I'm sorry to break the bad news – Star Wars 7…
  • allthegear
    Free Member

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/3577656/disney-buys-lucasfilm-plans-to-release-star-wars-episode-7-in-2015

Surely they know it’s only getting worse by now???

Still – the comments on here are almost as good as this wonderful forum!!

Rachel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

how could it get worse it’s not as if they have sold out…. oh wait a minute

molgrips
    Free Member

Does anyone know what’s meant to happen in the later films? I understood all 9 plot lines were in the public domain.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

i dont thnk episodes 7 8 and 9 were ever really planned beyond whats in lucas’ head

timothy zahns heir to the empire books were quite good

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was waiting for episodes 0, -3 and 2.25 to explain any of the missing bits

Kuco

The deal is a stock and cash transaction, with Lucas receiving about half of the $4.05 billion value of the deal in cash plus some 40 million stock shares.

😯

brakes
    Free Member

why are the Star Wars films never on television?

allthegear
    Free Member

Hoping the whole 3 hours of episode 7 are dedicated to a carbonite accident for Jar Jar Binks. In very slow motion…

Rachel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hoping the whole 3 hours of episode 7 are dedicated to a carbonite accident for Jar Jar Binks. In very slow motion…

Where do I get tickets?

PJM1974
    Free Member

On no…

For the sake of Pete they need to stop now.

brodie
    Free Member

Heh, it will be a load of toss but trillions of people will flock to see it anyway.

brakes
    Free Member

meesa thinksa yousa no likin JarJar now.

Kuco

I always though South Park had George Lucas summed up where he’s raping the Storm Trooper.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I think it’s something like, Luke starts a new Jedi order and starts training jedis to do jedi stuff.
    Han gets Leia up the duff and they have a couple of kids who become jedis as well.
    they also buy a cat that becomes a jedi.
    various baddies emerge from the remains of the galactic empire.

If Disney are involved, Buzz Lighyear will probably turn up at some point.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They should stick a shrek in it.

athgray
    Free Member

They might do a Peter Jackson and break each episode into a trilogy. We may get treated to a further 9 films. 😉

KonaTC

😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

can anyone find a link to the ‘George Lucas at College’ pi55 take where there is a stoned professor who couldn’t talk straight (little rubbery guy in the movie who’s name escapes me), a great big hairy bloke trying to fix the engine (Chewbaka) for a better looking bloke (Hans Solo?) while a girl walked past with goat horn hair (princess layer).

Not totally sure on the names as I have never seen the movies but you should get the drift. V Funny

Kuco

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwuh-9ciCpI[/video]

wisepranker
    Free Member

why are the Star Wars films never on television?

Star Wars was on ITV at the weekend!

wordnumb
    Free Member

The one about the **** hairdresser. The space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy’s…he’s got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father’s a robot and he’s **** **** his sister. Lego. They’re all made of **** Lego.

Kuco

Best Lego one is Eddie Izzard Death star canteen,

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw[/video]

zippykona

Can I say that in all my 47 years I have never seen a Star Wars film.
    Or et or a whole episode of fools and horses.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That’s the one. I had forgotten the ending. Made me smile

molgrips
    Free Member

Can I say that in all my 47 years I have never seen a Star Wars film.

You can, but it’s nothing to be especially proud of. It is possible to watch and enjoy them without being a nerdy fanboy/girl. They’re good enough, and they have loads of incidental detail and context which makes them stand out from many other films and I guess is what contributes to the cult thing.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Only if Woody is in it too.

Kuco

Mickey Mouse as the new Jedi gone bad.

matthewjb
    Free Member

The new film will be great as long as they keep George away from it.

With Pixar, Disney has the ability to write proper stories and dialogue. Imagine Star Wars without George’s rubbish scripts.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was on bbc breakfast this morning… “great news for die hard fans” apparently 🙄

Klunk
    Free Member

The new film will be great as long as they keep George away from it.

George is being kept on as a “creative” consultant.

stumpyjon

I don’t know why some of you are moaning, dialogue in some of the films is terrible. I can’t see them being worse under Disney.

flyingmonkeycorps

I see this as being a great thing. Just think: Disney buy Marvel, we get the Avengers. Disney buy Lucasfilm, who knows what could happen? Neil Blomkamp, Joss Whedon, Gore Verbinski… Just imagine a really good director getting to play with Star Wars.

I’m cautiously excited. As long as they keep George well away.

Tom83

Some of the books written after episode 6 were cracking, they should use those.

I’m looking forward to it, just hope it’s decent!

Hopefully this also means they might try to make a star wars galaxies 2…

nbt

the entire series has just been on ITV on the last few satirday afternoons. IN fact I think – yepo, just checked, Ep 5 is on this week and Ep 6 next week

http://www.radiotimes.com/film/8ykf/star-wars-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back

I’m disappointed in the news that Lucas is being kept on, maybe without him the films might have been decent. Then again, it’s a kids story and as such, the plotlines probalby weren’t supposed to make sense

MrsToast
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy

Nothing wrong with it IMO, as has been said Disney have done a pretty good job with the Marvel franchise films, it’s as though people are expecting Mickey and Goofy to appear in the new films or something…

richmtb

Lucas is good at the big ideas, overall story concepts etc.

He’s terrible at scripts and characterisation. He also picked Hayden Christiansen to play Anakin Skywalker which means he’s demonstrably terrible at casting too.

One of the reason Raiders of the Lost Ark is such a good film is that Lucas was only responsible for the story the script and direction were handled by others.

So a Disney / Lucas Star Wars with Lucas in charge of the basic story arc and other people involved in the direction etc could be good

The-Beard

I’ve just about got over the prequels. Just about. I can only hope, as has been said above, that without Lucas controlling everything they may actually manage to produce something close to Empire.

If not at least blow Jar Jar Binks out an airlock.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Like others have said might be a good thing.

Out of 6 films only one has stood the test of time for me.

Put aside how you felt when you was 10… and only Empire Strikes Back is really any good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘I'm sorry to break the bad news – Star Wars 7…’ is closed to new replies.