Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • ikea – ten year olds in trolleys
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

getting pushed around by their parents…?

so when they aren’t getting lifts to school, they are getting a free ride around the shops whilst they play on their tablets.

…shouldn’t they be helping out by pushing around the trolley?

If this is modern parenting i really despair!

ps…im not a parent, so flame on!

note to self: do not forget its half term and ever go to ikea again when it is.

terrahawk
    Free Member

nope, it’s just kids wanting a ride in a trolley.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

If I put my 10yo in a trolley his feet would be dragging on the ground.. !!!!
    Must be underfed wherever you are…..

Gary_M
    Free Member

Roughly speaking how many 10 year old were getting pushed about in trolleys by their parents during your visit?

Note to parents of 10 year olds – don’t go to ikea when the fun police are in town.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I wish, I can’t get my 3 year old to sit in the bloody trolley, bouncing off the **** walls in there.

The only thing worse than a kid being pushed around, is a loose one.

woody2000

nope, it’s just kids wanting a ride in a trolley.

That. IKEA is a crap place to be at the best of times, might as well have some fun!

terrahawk
    Free Member

mmmm. Meatballs.

martinhutch

The only thing worse than a kid being pushed around, is a loose one.

Or one given free rein to ‘help out’ by pushing the trolley.

tomhoward

Are 32 year olds allowed to be pushed round in trolleys?

Asking for a friend

martinhutch

tomhoward crossing the M62 near Batley, earlier:

thegreatape
    Free Member

What about 16 year olds sitting on top off the suitcases on the suitcase trolley for a ride through the airport? Is that allowed or should I take myself outside and have a word?

funkmasterp

How did you know they were all ten, did you do some kind of survey?

theotherjonv

That. IKEA is a crap place to be at the best of times, might as well have some fun!

Hide and seek in Ikea is great fun. Only rules, no getting into cupboards or wardrobes, and you must move forward – no backtracking (partly for ‘safety’ – I don’t really want my kids being lost in the shop; partly because it takes long enough to get round as it is, and i don’t need that extended)

I also want to play Ikea ‘the floor is lava’ but that might arouse too much suspicion among the yellow shirted fun-police.

rmacattack
    Free Member

typical stw response . i think what the op is getting at , is there is a generation of entitled spoiled kids growing up, and god help us all when they settle into their desired profession.

bruneep

Doing Ikea in reverse always gets tuts

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ikea sell 10 year olds now.

Available in 2 styles, Bratt and Anklbitte

funkmasterp

I also want to play Ikea ‘the floor is lava’ but that might arouse to much suspicion among the yellow shirted fun-police.

Do what teenagers are doing and stay overnight. The floor is lava and trolley racing.

ads678

From experience, if you see a ten year old pushing a trolley, watch your bloody ankles!

jekkyl

did the perps have scabby tattoos and look a ‘bit rough’ too?

rmacattack
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

Do what teenagers are doing and stay overnight.

I suspect if a 50 year old man gatecrashed a teenage Ikea sleepover, it won’t be trespass and trolley racing that he’d be done for.

fifeandy
    Free Member

At least in the trolley they aren’t running around terrorising all the other customers.

funkmasterp

I suspect if a 50 year old man gatecrashed a teenage Ikea sleepover, it won’t be trespass and trolley racing that he’d be done for.

STW ikea sleepover?

jamj1974

Ikea hide and seek – one of the few ways I manage to stay sane on a visit.

Floor is lava, only really possible when it’s empty’ish mid week and unless it’s a teacher training day – this is rare when my youngest are off.

Trolleys in general are ace. Pushing them, being pulled on them. I still haven’t grown out of it.

funkmasterp

Whenever I visit a supermarket I still push the trolley fast, lean on it and fly down the aisles with my feet off the floor. I’m 40 and also known to occasionally slide down bannisters.

jamj1974

*High-fives funkmasterp*. One of the bretheren!

jamj1974

I would seriously love to try and hide in Ikea overnight.

funkmasterp

^^me too 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only occasionally?

g5604
    Free Member

OP is pretty highly strung, but do wonder about long terms effects of new generation not owing houses or driving cars – big loss to personal responsibility

teasel
    Free Member

push the trolley fast, lean on it and fly down the aisles with my feet off the floor

A seemingly riskier activity with the advent of the half-trolley; something about the lack of tubular connection to the front and a small amount of backward leverage or something.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ha ha , new i’d get a flaming, but nothing that has been said has changed my opinion.

what is wrong with bringing up and educating a child to be a respecting and helpful child that would want to help, by either, pushing the trolley or help push the trolley, or god forbid just hold onto it and act sensibly – therefore not burdening the parent by having to push around a trolley with the weight of a ten year old in it?

The answer is …nothing.

revs1972
    Free Member

Without wanting to be the serious one here, but perhaps the child has autism etc. Since having a child with autism, I tend to look at others behaviour , and there are often some indications that not is all that it seems . Sometimes it’s obvious, sometimes not.

On a less serious note , I have been reprimanded in Bristol Ikea for pulling 360’s with my 4 year old in the trolley . Not sat in the seat mind , he was stood up in the front 🙂

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Says rhe man posting on a forum for “adults” who like jumpy bikes, mud and cheeky trails…

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Double post…

But yes, kids can be little shits…

jamj1974

ha ha , new i’d get a flaming, but nothing that has been said has changed my opinion.

No flaming intended from me – just a reminder of childish stuff I enjoy! Our 3 are pretty helpful – in fact the two youngest would do all the food shopping on their own – if we let them. They love a little responsibility.

shakers97
    Free Member

Kids are just pampered by parents who spoil them IMO. Only the other day I saw a parent buying food from a shop for a child to eat! Unbelievable, in my day I’d be handed a net and a spear and told to go and hunt my own on the playing field, although it was the 70s. Lazy little gets.

phiiiiil

Whenever I visit a supermarket I still push the trolley fast, lean on it and fly down the aisles with my feet off the floor.

This seems a good time to mention that I discovered the other day that adult sized Heeleys are a thing. I want some…

mj27
    Free Member

He was 13, not 10.

Leeds Ikea yesterday at 6pm, he just wanted fun like his younger brother in the other trolley.

Had 15 meatballs is the main memory from the trip.

jamj1974

Unbelievable, in my day I’d be handed a net and a spear and told to go and hunt my own on the playing field,

Net? Spear? In my day I had to walk all over the local landfill, looking for a likely bit of broken wood and a baked bean tin to make the spear head. If I was lucky, I might find some old string or discarded cloth I could braid into thread to make a net. You had it easy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘ikea – ten year olds in trolleys’ is closed to new replies.