Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • If you were to die today??
  • ton

do you feel you have led a good full life, have you done the right things, would you be content?

scotroutes

I would have no feelings. I would be dead.

Hey – I’m not going over 55 years of decision making and trying to second guess it all. I’ve tried to be a good person (mostly). That’ll have to do.

chewkw
    Free Member

No. Because I am not the Dearest Leader yet.

fasthaggis

Yup, it gives me great peace of mind*.

* Still not in any hurry to check out,far too curious .
    😀

ads678

I’ve had a great life, even the shit bits added to it. Don’t want it to stop now though.

heckler73
    Free Member

not a chance, content hell no, if i was told tommorrow i had 6 months to live, id come home sell everything materialistic i have, everything but clothes and my camera gear, id travel the planet next 6 months, record some footage and write letters to my kids, THEN id be content and could check out with a smile on my face and a middle finger to whatever chose to take me out……… would you be content ton ?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m too old to die young 🙂

heckler73
    Free Member

ive ticked a few boxes, but still too many left to tick ……

piemonster

I want to leave a beautiful corpse.

Which is a shame as this ones pig ugly.

ton

heckler…..yeah I reckon so. got a fantastic wife, who I have been happy with, got two ace kids, and a grandaughter…..so I reckon I have done what I was put on the planet for.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

do you feel you have led a good full life, have you done the right things, would you be content?

Why do you ask such a question…?

scotroutes

Like the one you left in the woods?

scotroutes

As a famous Scotsman once said “you’re here to make babies and look after the place, you know?”

stavromuller
    Free Member

Tried to, who knows? and no

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not if I’d not ridden with you ton

5thElefant
    Free Member

would you be content?

I wouldn’t have an opinion either way. What with being dead.

birky
    Free Member

do you feel you have led a good full life

nope

have you done the right things

tried to

would you be content?

no, absolutely not

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Done the right things ??? ….. NO

content ……… NO

aP
    Free Member

I don’t expect anyone outside of immediate family to notice TBH.

piemonster

Like the one you left in the woods?

About that long ride in the highlands……….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d be glad of it

samuri
    Free Member

I’d be a bit miffed dying so young and beautiful but no regrets if that’s what you mean. I never screwed anyone over, I set up my family for life, I never punched anyone who wasn’t asking for it and I had plenty of sex with nice ladies. Works for me.

footflaps

We’ll Thatcher’s dead, so that’s one key thing ticked off. Just got to bump off Blair, Cameroon and Gillian, then I can bow out gracefully.

olddog

If I should die think only this of me. That there is some corner of a Yorkshire trail that is forever Derbyshire

adjustablewench
    Free Member

that’ll be the bit covered in road chippings . . .

olddog

…just past the burger van!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – we will find it and erect a blue plaque for you!

the silly comment was instead of this

I used to think that if i was faced with my death i would want to get everything perfectly in order leave everything just right for those around me. however having been at the side of my best friend as she prepared for hers it gave me a completely different perspective.

She was always a very vocal and determined person until the last couple of months, but when it came to her death she was so at peace with everything, happy for everyone around her to decide what was done after her death – she didn’t leave any ‘wishes’ with regards to what she envisaged for the kids in any way. she merely wrote them a letter each.

She really did see how life would just go on, and it does. I guess she realised no matter how much she did to leave things just so, it would make absolutely no difference to the incredible pain we were all about to experience.

So my only hope would be that if i were ever to be in her shoes, if i could be as brave as she was and remain so calm and reassuring to those around me as she did. She was incredible

which i wrote then cut out, then cried a lot, had a cup of tea, gave myself a talking too – and then wrote something stupid. which to be fair my friend would have much preferred! but i thought i’d share it anyway. losing loved ones sucks and one day i hope i can talk about her without crying as i am sure she would have preferred that!

brakes
    Free Member

I have brought into the world another who does not yet know the joy of cycling. once he knows this my work will be done. only then will I be content.

althepal

Good for you adjustable.. fair play for posting that.
    Yup, I’d be satisfied I guess- I’d rather not, but ive been lucky to have my time here never mind hsve a wife and kids that I love, as well as some of the experiences I’ve had.

loddrik
    Free Member

Made so many wrong decisions that has, at 40, left me penniless and careerless with very little future prospects. But I’ve got a brilliant, attractive wife who is still my best mate after 17 years and great kids and im very happy. So no, very few regrets, if I were an ambitious and driven person I’d probably be appalled at myself. But I’m lazy and unambitious so I’m quite content. 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve… seen things you people wouldn’t believe… [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears… in… rain. Time… to die..
    I’ve known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I’ve been Offworld and back… frontiers! I’ve stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching the stars fight on the shoulder of Orion…I’ve felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I’ve seen it, felt it…!

And today in early rode into a barrier across a road that wasn’t there yesterday.

anagallis_arvensis

No, my dad died when I was two. My son is three, want to watch him grow up for many years yet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

loddrik – no such thing as wrong decisions mate – you made the decisions you thought were right at the time for what ever reason. – who knows if they other way would have actually been any better. grass is always greener an all that.

Im not ready to go yet – not had kids yet.

paladin

ton – Member

No. There’s a 2 litre bottle of milk in the fridge nearly full. Wouldn’t want to waste that!

Sandwich

There’s always extensive plastic surgery Piemonster, if there’s time!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve done rather well, so yes I would be happy to go to sleep for a very long time.

Thanks for asking. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… it won’t have been a complete waste of time.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘If you were to die today??’ is closed to new replies.