Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • If you only watch one SUV drive up to a Vegas hotel tonight…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mmh-ew1swD4#![/video]

Make it this one!

I NEED one of those trucks! The suspension action is mesmerising!

I stayed at that hotel on my last Vegas trip as well. I arrived in a Prius taxi, though. 🙁

busydog
    Free Member

Whoa—-makes my Toyota Tacoma 4X4 seem kind of tame

Rorschach
    Free Member

He’s Called ‘Ballistic’ BJ 😯

jwr

That’s fantastic. I guess that truck is the car equivalent of Josh Bender’s Karpiel!

busydog
    Free Member

I have gone down to the Baja 1000 a few times over the years and those suspension systems are unbelievable. They can sure take a beating–pretty remarkable now compared those on vehicles in the first Baja race I saw 20 years ago.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr…………………check out the size of those trailing arms 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You can get some of those nice Monster stickers for your car too. AWESOME.

busydog
    Free Member

You can get some of those nice Monster stickers

I’d rather have the babe for inside my car–Really Awsome

andyl
    Free Member

I wonder if the people who build those trucks get inspiration from the radio controlled versions instead of the other way round as I swear rally cars and those Baja trucks now seem to do things in full size and with similar power to weight ratios of RC cars. Obviously you won’t get the same top speed as the scale top speed due to drag but the shear power availability and the way the suspension gets thrown around is just like a powerful (proper race spec) RC car/truck.

samuri
    Free Member

I enjoyed that, ta.

But there’s no way she was drifting that car in those heels.

MartynS

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=imq5w5JKJJo&feature=related[/video]

Even more niche for my line of work but want the buggy at 44 seconds……

ir_bandito
    Free Member

awsumballz….

+1 about the heels though. How? 🙂

sandal100

850bhp and 3 feet of suspension. What’s not to like!

Regarding r/c, it’s the other way round. People want scale models of real trucks, not the trucks being based on r/c cars. Most of the truck r/c aren’t trophy trucks either which is a shame, they’re mostly based on short course trucks, less power and suspension and race on mx style tracks.

zippykona

I used to get sea sick driving Range Rovers that video is not good for me.

tthew

no way she was drifting that car in those heels.

Oh dear, that was one of my first thoughts too. Along with, it’s a good job a tyre company sponsor him.

Liked the bit where the pretty lady in her pants got covered in dust.

househusband

Yup; same with R/C crawlers besides the SC (Short Course) truck in the OP’s video – just look at YouTube videos for Tim Cameron’s creations.

Of all the RC cars I’ve had (I was better at building them than driving, rather destroying them) the SC truck was the most fun.

andyl
    Free Member

yeah it should be the other way round with RC but you had the ‘scale’ models which were quite frankly pish and you had the race stuff which didn’t really have much resemblance to anything real as it was built for purpose and you always thought that if you could make a full sized one it would turn your insides to mush. That video really reminds me of the proper racing models (RC10T2, Losi XXT etc) from the mid 90’s which were night and day compared to the proper scale stuff so it’s like someone had thought “sod it, why can’t we build a real one that goes like that?” and they have just upped the power and the travel and beefiness until they get these things.

I remember one of the ken block videos where he is just spinning and spinning on the spot. I never thought I would see a real car do it like that.

DrP

Some things in life are just too cool…. I’d give my middle nut for a go in his truck!!

DrP

bruk

Great vid, stunning suspension to keep that stable. Would love a go.

Guessing most likely they had a stunt driver for the drifting gtr, however it is possible she is like one of my colleagues who just keeps driving shoes in the car and won’t step out until she has changed back into her heels, even at the petrol forecourt!

samuri
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone really thinks it was her drifting the car 😉

Probably BJ who was driving the truck.

D0NK

no way she was drifting that car in those heels.

Oh dear, that was one of my first thoughts too.me too, are we spods?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’d take the gtr, just…..

SidewaysTim

I’ve driven a GTR in Vegas. Flat out ten tenths, as fast as I possibly could. It was awesome. Made my arms ache.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘If you only watch one SUV drive up to a Vegas hotel tonight…..’ is closed to new replies.