Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 775 total)
  • iDaves Diet Plan Members…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What you mean like solid rocket fuel?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What you mean like solid rocket fuel?

yes, that will burn without added oxygen, but doesn't taste nice 🙁

tails
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

….apart from the breadcrumbs 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Off day today…..pushed the boat out by having some porridge with a spoon of sugar in it…..good times.

steve-g
    Free Member

Ok been doing this since saturday, and it's my off day today!!!

So far I have gone from 11st 12lbs to 11st 7lbs this morning, I dont think that's too bad seeing as I haven't been totally strict on it and did drink almost a whole bottle of red wine on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

So far today I have treated myself to a coffee, at lunch I will have a couple of pints and a chicken escalope, bacon, swiss cheese and piri piri ciabatta, then this evening the gf wants homemade lasagne with garlic bread while I want a chinese….i think I will have both just to avoid arguments.

Should be back up to 11st 12lbs by morning

iDave
    Free Member

the off day is important, eat a shit load of what you want, yes even fruit, the calorie spike prevents metabolism slowing and you'd have to eat rather a lot to put on 5 lbs

steve-g
    Free Member

you'd have to eat rather a lot to put on 5 lbs

I love a challenge

snakebite
    Free Member

Dave, drop me the diet matey, wanna test the meat and red wine bit….

theotherjonv

LOL

Jamie
    Free Member

I love a challenge

Just what I was thinking….

richmtb

Off day for me tomorrow! Can't wait, I've lost 5lbs as well went form 11 stone 10 to 11 stone 5. Feeling pretty hungry this morning after my three carrot breakfast, need to MTFU till lunchtime!

Jamie
    Free Member

I have not actually weighed myself yet, apart from the initial weigh in. Going to be doing it weekly….oh the suspense come Monday!

Woody
    Free Member

Ton wrote

i told him about this diet, and he told me it would be foolish to follow a diet with no carbs, even for a very short time.

Point is, it's only a max of 6 days without carbs and idave's is a 3 week plan.

I think the point is that you can use this to lose some weight quickly and then maintain or reduce weight further by eating sensibly. I definitely won't be going back to several slices of toast for breakfast, crisps and sandwiches during the day and mounds of pasta and rice in the evening. Strangely, I have no desire for chocolate any more. Wonder why ??

thomthumb
    Free Member

BEANS ARE FULL OF CARBS

please see here for more info

iDave
    Free Member

kin'hell, this is NOT a no carb diet! it is NOT '6 days without carbs'! maybe you're following an sfb diet, but 'mine' is not the atkins diet. it's a way of eating which cuts out high GI and highly processed starchy/floury/sugary carbs.

also, it isn't a '3 week plan' – i just suggested people give it three weeks to see if it suits them and works for them. i see it as a permanent way of eating healthily.

steve-g
    Free Member

Its all about the beans people!

Last night I made chilli but rather than having rice with it I threw in about 5 different types of beans. You can feel the difference in how bloated you feel afterwards compared to rice

spacemonkey

Strangely, I have no desire for chocolate any more.

That's a tough one for me. I very rarely used to touch chocolate until recently – and now I could eat it all the time. Other than that the odd packet of crisps etc, I eat pretty healthily (but large portions of it).

Am back on the iDave wagon after a few days of straying. Snacking on carrots and humous as I write.

molgrips
    Free Member

Strangely, I have no desire for chocolate any more. Wonder why ??

Because you've MedTFU. Congrats 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Right, serious question here – not nit-picking or being an arse.

Do different people process carbs differently? I only ask because I never get a bloated feeling from eating carbs ie rice, pasta etc.

There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest people's guts work pretty differently – people saying 'oh I could never eat XXX' when other people live on it.

Woody
    Free Member

Oooops – brain not engaged but you obviously haven't read any of the posts saying which plan I'm on. Should have said it's only a max of 6 days without high GI and highly processed starcy/floury/sugary carbs….obviously 🙄

Bit 'touchy' this morning idave ?

You can feel the difference in how bloated you feel afterwards compared to rice

Noticed that after a curry last week with rice and nan bread. Felt uncomfortable for hours afterwards

Keva
    Free Member

I always feel incomfortable for hours after eating a curry, from a curry house. because it's full of shiittee!

molgrips
    Free Member

I always feel incomfortable for hours after eating a curry, from a curry house. because it's full of shiittee!

Really? What shite?

steve-g
    Free Member

OK, here is what I just learned.

While I am on this diet my exercise stamina is fine, I've done my usual running and weight training and felt fine, however today for lunch I had 3 pints and I am feeling hammered. This is perhaps an added bonus, It's going to be a cheap night for me tonight

Keva
    Free Member

Really? What shite?

too much sugar, salt and fat

plus msg, food colourings and probably loads of other additives.

BigJohn

Lunchtime beer is stronger than evening beer.

Jamie
    Free Member

thomthumb:
    BEANS ARE FULL OF CARBS

Cheers Einstein.

nickc

however today for lunch I had 3 pints

I thought you're supposed to not drink calories?

steve-g
    Free Member

I thought you're supposed to not drink calories?

As was mentioned earlier today is my day off, and I am on a mission to put on 5lbs

nickc

Ahhh, binge drinking…I like your style… 8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

maybe you're following an sfb diet

my suggested diet is eat whatever you like, just not too much :o) I eat about 70% carbs!

Jamie
    Free Member

Well…..drumroll please……..4lbs lost.

Not sure how happy I am. Have been strictly to the tenants of the plan for a week, plus got a run in and 3x 25milers on the bike. Will see what happens next Monday, as for initial weight drops I have seen similar when dieting in a regular fashion.

nickc

"man loses weight by restricting his calorie intake, and doing some exersize" shocker

😉

Jamie
    Free Member

"man loses weight by restricting his calorie intake, and doing some exersize" shocker

I was as shocked as you were Nick :mrgreen:

spacemonkey

Where's everyone gone?

Anyway, after a couple of false starts, I had another go starting last Sunday. Haven't been as strict as I should, but I've lost 4-5lbs already – although my "fill yer boots" is tomorrow, so they may change things.

Have had pasta (and tuna/pesto) immediately after a couple of rides, plus … the odd packet of crisps, a choccy biscuit, a fair few lentils, two tubs of humous, loads of veg and salad (including tomatoes), about 15 eggs, some salami, a fair amount of cheese, a cod fillet, some bacon, some veggie burgers, some nuts (and dried fruit), and loads of water.

Quite impressed thus far, even though like I say I haven't stuff rigidly to it. I guess avoiding the white carbs/starches and fresh fruit has helped. Intend to stick with it for another couple of weeks to see what happens, then probably do some mix n match.

How's everyone else doing?

steve-g
    Free Member

Was resonably strict for about 9 or 10 days and lost 8lbs, yesterday, today and tomorrow I will be eating non stop as im doing the oxfam 100k trailwalk along the south downs and will need the energy. Back on it from monday.

The gf is doing this also and has lost half a stone or so

richmtb

I've been on it for two weeks and I've lost about 5-6lbs.

I'm going on holiday for a week though so diet is probably out the window.

I've learnt a fair amount about different foods, i'd never cooked with beans or lentils before, overall its been a very positive experience.

When I come back form holiday I'll probably go back on the diet but I might cheat a little by eating fruit again, as I really miss it

U31
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to the plan?

Jamie
    Free Member

I've been on it for two weeks and I've lost about 5-6lbs.

Should be similar over here. Impressed some have lost 8lbs in a 9-10 days. I had my off day yesterday…it was carnage.

Anyways, weigh in on monday for the second full week. Hoping tp see another 3-4lbs dropped otherwise might switch to something else as been strict as anything on it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Still no weight loss for me (we will see on Monday AM tho) but I've almost lost 1" from my waist in the last 6 weeks or so!

Jamie, don't give up if you haven't lost 3lbs a week. That's extreme weight loss.. 1-2lbs a week is still very good going.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘iDaves Diet Plan Members…’ is closed to new replies.