Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Ibis thread
  • overbikedagain
    Free Member

Looking at an hd… Any pics/positive stories/tips?

Lester
    Free Member

ive had 5 ibis mojos, original, sl and hd. im 6ft, at the same time i had a medium, a large and an xl.
    felt too high centre of gravity on the xl so sold it
    ran the large and medium at the same time and felt quicker and more nimble on the downhill twisty bits on the medium, so sold the large.
    i now have an hd 160 with the limbo chips and spare shock to drop to 140 maybe, although i cant see a time i would ever want to.
    i would never be without a mojo and i like the hd best so far.
    i have marz 55s and monarch + shock at rear and it perfect for me, oh and im 16 stone kitted. does everything i want.
    there is a 10 mile loop behind my house and i do very similar times on my fat bike and 29er and the mojo,

kevj
    Free Member

I have a SL-R and love it. It’s my do it all bike and my other bike does not get used. I’ll not go on about how good they are (mainly because they are very good).

My only advice would be to not get it in matt. It’s a pain to keep it looking clean.

kilo

I have whatever then 650b is called and the Mrs has the sl-r and a HD great bikes only issue was the OE headset on the HD was a bit crappy / poorly sealed but otherwise love them. Moose cycles in south London sorted us out and had demo bikes

julians
    Free Member

I have a mojo hd 160, size large, im 5 foot 10.

Had it for 4 years now, its a great bike, climbs well enough, descends excellently once I ditched the fox shock for a ccdb air,its as tough as old boots.

I use a ccdbair and a marz 55rc3ti fork, and a canecreek angleset. Its my only mountain bike, so gets used for everything from trailcentres to van uplift to alps.

Mine weighs 31.5lb all up with pedals, could probably take it down to 26lb , but it wouldnt be as fast downhill.

Specs is

Mojo hd large in matt black
    Reverb seatpost
    Haven carbon bars
    Shimano xt brakes
    Light bicycle carbon rims on hope pro 2 hubs
    Hans dampf tubeless tyres
    Shimano xt/slx 1 x 10 gears
    Cane creek db air
    Marzzochi 55 rc3 ti coil fork.
    Superstar mag flat pedals.
    Cane creek -1.5 deg angleset.

julians
    Free Member

Just to add, ibis customer service has been second to none.

Some people (inc me) had the various metal inserts come un bonded from the frame, ibis offered a new frame , but I couldnt be bothered with the hassld of sending back, so I just araldited them back into place, and theyve been fine ever since.

I think it was just a batch of frames from 2010 that suffered this problem, dont think its a problem on all frames.

overbikedagain
    Free Member

That’s ace…I really like em after having a spin on a mates…..I’m looking at the HDR..

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Got an Mojo HD in the 140mm set up, and I bloody love it! Always wanted one and finally bought one about 18months ago now, was always swapping bike around but not wanted anything else since I bought this.

Can’t find any great photos of it, this will have to do…

haggis1978

That yellow one is very smart

somafunk

I worked in a bike shop that sold Ibis, every single person that had a demo bought one, very nice bikes with a deserved reputation.

Ibis HDR 650b with stock build kit (shop demo bike)

SLR with standard build Kit

SL with bling custom build

HD160 in Vit P colour & standard build kit

SL in the best finish imho, the colours are very nice but they do chip rather easy so i prefer the raw matt look

SL with standard build kit

HD

vinnyeh

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve not managed to get one yet but I do think they are the best looking fs bikes out there.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Also might I point out that one of the things about them is that they are supposedly one of the stiffest carbon bikes going. This could have been a few years ago and other companies now make carbon trail bikes just as stiff, but you certainly notice it, there is really no flex when you hit that corner hard you cant feel it flex at all.

They were the original carbon trail bike company so that must stand for something anyway 😉

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Another photo of mine from back in the winter here

(p.s. that took ages to figure out the new was of getting the image code form Flickr! Anyone found a quicker way than faffing on copying and pasting something form the ‘share’ icon then having to delete all the crap that comes with it?)

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve had an SLR since 2009. All i can say is that I’m forever swapping and changing bikes and this is the bike I have kept the longest. Matt finish and a quick wipe over with GT85 and looks like new. Best do it all bike I’ve ever had. : 6′ tall 32 leg Medium.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I used to lust after the HD but unless you’re desperate I’d wait to see if they release a proper 650b HD as the HDR has been received as a bit of a half measure.

overbikedagain
    Free Member

They’re great photos……I’m looking at the carbon wheels as an upgrade too…seems decent technology…

Scapegoat

I just happened t mention to my LBS owner that I was after a full suss frame and he asked if I had ever considered a Mojo. He then produced his bike he treated himself to for a trip to the Alps last year, and suggested I could have the frame for a decent price. I’d wanted one since I first ever saw one, so after a bit of haggling walked away with this:

A happy hour or two fettling produced this:

Now with blacker cranks and whiter wheels

mikeep
    Free Member

Have had Mojo HD 140mm for a year now and have loved it.

Recently got a monarch Plus RC3 (custom tuned) at 160mm and it suits the frame so well. There is no platform damping on the shock (pro pedal) but the DW link on the HD is so sorted you don’t need one. This has resulted in the suspension now being super plush.

Just buy one!!

ratherbeintobago

I used to lust after the HD but unless you’re desperate I’d wait to see if they release a proper 650b HD as the HDR has been received as a bit of a half measure.

That’s because it is a bit of a half measure.

I don’t know what’s going on at Ibis, but their R&D appears to be totally paralysed. Last proper new model was the Ripley, and that took an age to get to market, and GOK what’s happened to the long-rumoured Tranny 29er. Only launch this year was of rebadged Derby rims. Given that the Mojo was the first really successfully carbon trail bike, they’ve completely blown their lead.

robgiff
    Free Member

Ive got a black mojo SL from 2012, with 2013 Talases. Just borrowed a friend’s Blur LT and I much prefer it. Going to go for a LTc. Anyone want to buy it? or know anyone who might?

scotroutes

FWIW, I’d love to see a Tranny 650b….

ojom
    Free Member

Fear not. Very cool things are coming.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got a 26 Tranny in the copper and it’s such a versatile bike. Curw set up single speed and carbon rigid fork but it won’t be long before its back to 2×9 and 120mm up front.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

ojom …. oh please do elaborate…

scotroutes

but then he’d have to kill you!

ojom
    Free Member

What onion said.

Sorry-can’t say more other than that they have been super busy.

ojom
    Free Member

You are all very welcome on https://www.facebook.com/groups/425902034126764/ if you are not already.

ibnchris

Anyone recommend someone to do a respray on an ibis mojo and maybe an overhaul of the bearings at the same time?

ratherbeintobago

Fear not. Very cool things are coming.

People keep saying this on the internet, but being cynical about it, there’s a distinct lack of hard evidence, and Ibis aren’t exactly Apple when it comes to secrecy.

somafunk

My mate does resprays to a very high standard, check out his work here Paul Kirkwood vehicle repairs and i used to work in a shop that sold ibis (see my post above), i guess i could change your bearings for a fee.

Depends if you want someone local to yourself or if you’re happy to post your frame.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Ibis thread’ is closed to new replies.