Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • It's been a while – Small things that grind your gears
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Cougar,for this I would suggest loosing the mobile phone,just carry hard cash with no wallet and just generally be a cave man.

bigblackshed

Cougar

bigblackshed – Member
    Man bags.

It’s either a brief case, laptop bag or a rucksack. Maybe at a push a messenger bag if it’s a proper one and your on a bike. If it looks like a woman’s handbag, it’s a handbag.

Even a Tesco carrier bag is better than your wife’s handbag.

bigblackshed

And another thing.

**** who quote themselves. 😮

mogrim

Right now: iTunes. Why does Apple have to make everything so bloody difficult?

Android – plug in the tablet, drag and drop the avi onto it, done.

Apple – plug in the tablet, wait for iTunes to fire up, work out which tab to use, discover avi not supported, download decoder, try again, add video to playlist and finally…

antigee

buying tickets getting charged a service fee and then a credit card fee and then getting the option of having tickets posted for a massive fee or having to pay a slightly less massive fee which seems to represent the cost of renting half the internet and paying the bar bill for a code writers convention in Honolulu so I can print them at home

thered

The noise of a spoon scraping against an empty yoghurt pot.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Alot. This annoys me way more than it should. I see this has been extended to abit these days. It shouldn’t bother me but it makes me think the writer is a total tool.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Audi drivers

Mister-P
    Free Member

Grown men riding their bike (usually a piece of crap BSO) on the pavement.

large418
    Free Member

Local pub with a bunch of signs saying they are open “allday”. They are two separate words you illiterate numpties!

brokenbanjo

Things being spelt wrong. Such as last night at a charity quiz, they had a ‘raffel’. I mean come on, how illiterate is this Country.

bencooper
    Free Member

People that go into a cafe/coffee shop and say “can I GET” instead of proper British language like “please could I have” .

It’s only a short step to “I’ll take”.

Leaving the paper on top of a tub of margarine. It’s got a plastic lid, why do you leave the paper on as well?

The companies that phone me up at least once a week, and say “Have you heard of Google?”

The autocorrect on this iPad which keeps wanting to turn “Scotland” into “a scotland” and similar. WTF?

The way people say (out loud) WTF instead of swearing properly. If you’re too wussy to swear in case your mother might hear, say “drat” or “dang” or “poot” like our parents did.

In fact anyone who says text speak out loud.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Gee Whiz! I thought I was turning into a cranky, grumpy middle aged man, but have got this far ^^^ I reckon I could be the next CEO of the Samaritans.
    Lolz

Actually, bikes grind my gears, specifically manufacturers who dick about with standards of fittings etc meaning even dealers can’t source the spare part you need.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    So where exactly are you supposed to keep your coins, then?

If your skirt doesn’t have pockets, just leave it loose in the bottom of your handbag ?

This made me laugh – alot. I proper lolled. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

All septics then? Good call.

BigJohn

Things being spelt wrongly. Especially loose.

nostoc
    Free Member

Coffee cups with the word “coffee” written on them. Bread bins with the word “bread” written on them. etc.

bencooper
    Free Member

pdw
    Free Member

she had to slow down every time she had to dip her lights

Maybe she slowed down because the distance you can see to be clear halves on dipped lights, sat nav or no sat nav? I’m much more annoyed by people who don’t adjust their speed based on what they can see.

But I do share your irritation: people who put their sat nav right in the middle of their windscreen drive me nuts.

shifter
    Free Member

Misuse of: till, advise, poles & planks.

skiboy
    Free Member

PDW,

I hate to disappoint but the woman was driving on a really well lit ringroad, you could see for miles,

I also encountered someone from work the other day on the route out from the factory, same thing, she just couldn’t drive without her main beam on full, every time a car came toward her she just stamped on the brakes after her lights dipped (car had auto lights ), the main beam is Bi xenon on that specific car and despite me sitting well back from her and also being able to see a good 500 metres up that particular road she just couldn’t see past her bonnet, no sat nab this time, just poor driving

surfer
    Free Member

I’m much more annoyed by people who don’t adjust their speed based on what they can see.

+1 the amount of people (more women ime) who dont seem to see either easing off the accelerator or (heaven forbid) actually slowing or braking when there appears to something unusual/potentially hazardous ahead.
    Its as if adjusting speed based on conditions isnt an option. Driving at the same speed in bad weather/fog/ice etc but with every light on thinking somehow ABS etc will resolve all their problems

CaptJon
    Free Member

Pedestrians with poor lane discipline, e.g. people who can’t walk in a straight line, or walk diagonally along a straight corridor, or walk three abreast, or don’t hold their lane going round a corner…

vickypea
    Free Member

Work mates who come into the office saying they feel really ill and generously share their viruses and bacteria with everyone, coughing and sneezing all over the place.

pete68
    Free Member

Having just got back from the pub….. Blokes with great fat guts but t shirts which don’t quite fit showing that lovely overhang. Same bloke then sits down with too low slung jeans. Sitting with the top of a sweaty crack on full view is not a good look. Me and the wife made the usual comment that we should of brought the bikes as we’d of had somewhere to park it.

pictonroad

^ Use of “of”.

Cougar

Work mates who come into the office saying they feel really ill and generously share their viruses and bacteria with everyone, coughing and sneezing all over the place.

… whilst proudly proclaiming, “I haven’t had a day off work in twenty years!!” Yeah, but every fecker else has because of you, Nobby.

Woody
    Free Member

I agree about the reduced effectiveness of Swarfega.. And it is bloody expensive. Try laundry power to de-gunk your hands!

Olive oil and salt works and you get nicely moisturised hands as a bonus 😉

Women at cashpoints. Do you really need to print out a balance then a receipt every time you take out a tenner?
    Supermarket ‘browsers’ who block the whole aisle.
    Pub/restaurant staff who hand over your drink by holding the top of the glass.
    My local Spar, who won’t sell more than one box of painkillers at a time but are happy to let you buy paracetamol, walk out the door and straight back in and buy ibuprofen.
    People who ‘have’ to use a fuel pump on the same side as the tank and block the forecourt waiting for one when there are 3 free on the ‘wrong’ side.

DrJ

People who imagine there are “lanes” for pedestrians. Take a look at the pavement. See any lane markings? Traffic lights? No.

langylad
    Free Member

toppers3933 » People who say pants when they mean trousers.

Toppers. What do you wear under your trousers? Under trousers? 🙂

I always fall back on haitch on these threads but it seems to have been put to bed earlier.

elliott-20
    Free Member

People who say “can i get” instead of “can I have”

People who say “can i have” instead of “may I have”

^ THIS – Definitely THIS!

My general, cantankerous response to “can I have?” is usually – “I don’t know, can you?” Confuses the kids no-end.

😆

ourmaninthenorth

Things being spelt wrong. Such as last night at a charity quiz, they had a ‘raffel’. I mean come on, how illiterate is this Country.

QED.

slowoldman

Personal Development Plans.

allthepies
    Free Member

Shudders….

tinribz
    Free Member

Letters from the bank saying they’ve been ‘urgently’ trying to get in touch to discuss ‘important’ matters about your account.

When they actually just want to sell you insurance or con you in to upgrading to a ‘premier’ account with no discernable benefits, and they will charge you £25 a month for!?

Cougar

Letters from the bank saying they’ve been ‘urgently’ trying to get in touch to discuss ‘important’ matters about your account.

I used to get phone calls from the bank like that.

“Hi, we’re your bank, can you confirm your identity?”

“No, I already know who I am, can you confirm yours?”

“But we need to talk to you urgently about your account!”

“I’m not stopping you; what’s it relating to?”

“Oh, we can’t tell you until you confirm your identity.”

“Bye then.”

Pigface
    Free Member

RLJers but specifically on temporary traffic lights, if it goes red just stop don’t sail through because it has time built in so vehicles can clear them. Having my lights go green and have to sit there while a bunch of ignorant selfish twunts keep coming grinds my gears 😮

bettyswollocks
    Free Member

Something that I see on this forum and it annoys me no end.

You are using pedals and are pedalling

You are not going to Peddle, nor are you peddling.
    For F@£ks sake.

One is the use of bike components to propel a bike forwards. The other is a means of going from place to place selling your wares.

I feel annoyed simply writing about it…

Houns

These wooden signs/ornaments/wall stencils for the home that tell you what to do

They need to

[img]http://img1.etsystatic.com/011/1/6628021/il_340x270.425633845_pq4i.jpg[/img][img]http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mvkJzGh_ZmJv9GxDqex6iew.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img0.etsystatic.com/016/2/7500104/il_340x270.421211598_dj93.jpg[/img]

sc-xc

Not using appropriate punctuation.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘It's been a while – Small things that grind your gears’ is closed to new replies.