Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • hyundai i10 anyone got one ?
  • Klunk
    Free Member

And can you get 2 bikes in the back with the seats down ?

Cougar

I’d be very shocked if you could.

Klunk
    Free Member

used to get 2 in the back of a micra (and all our kit and a park ps9 work stand) 😕

Cougar

I should qualify, I’ve no idea, I’ve never tried. I’d just be surprised, given my memory of when I had an i20 as a courtesy car and how much space two bikes took up in the back of the Mondeo.

Maybe if you took both (well, all four) wheels off, and the two bikes were very friendly?

hora
    Free Member

Hire something bigger

MoreCashThanDash

All wheels off and seatposts out, quite possibly.

A mate really rates his, but is a marathon runner rather than a cyclist, so couldn’t actually comment when I asked him

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I had an i30 as a hire car today. 500 miles on the clock and the AC was piss poor. Not a nice drive and felt cheap. Just saying.

tillydog
    Free Member

All wheels off and seatposts out, quite possibly.

I think that would work, but could be tight – I can get my bike (27.5 hardtail) in vertically, resting on the handlebars and seat with the wheels off and the seat dropped. Could easily get another beside it, but there wouldn’t be room for much else once you put the wheels in. The boot floor sits lower than the seat backs which gives enough height for the forks if you put the handlebars at that end. Some models have a tray in that bit of boot which would reduce the headroom – maybe enough to stop the bikes fitting. I don’t know if they can be removed.

Decent little car, IMHO, but something slightly bigger would be a better bet.

alanf
    Free Member

I used to get 2 bikes and kit in a 106 so imagine its possible, unless the frames are massive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘hyundai i10 anyone got one ?’ is closed to new replies.