• This topic has 42 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • I need to drive to Barcelona. Any tips?
  • spekkie
    Free Member

Haven’t read the whole thread but we got back yesterday from a two week road trip to the Pyrenees.

Long story short, we’re looking for a property to buy and renovate to run as a B&B.

As far as the driving goes, we chose to drive to northern Spain via the tunnel rather than fly to Madrid and rent a car there. The plan was a “nice couple of days driving through France”. The reality was 2 days of around 8 hrs each driving as fast as the speed limit would allow on French motorways. Damn it’s a long way.

Not sure financially how it all came out compared to flying, but the toll roads and petrol costs were pretty big. We stayed in “Hotel B&B” each way, which is a chain of very acceptable roadside Motels.

emanuel
    Free Member

I drove up to bristol for the bespoked show, it was knackering. 19hs non stop. 20hs on the way back.
    did it with a mate, Don’t think I would be alive if I’d done it alone.
    tolls are expensive. did it both ways, preferred the massif central, better scenery.
    Park guell you only pay to get to the central bit, if you’re going there, come say hello. I’m on the right walking towards it on Travessera, from Lesseps metro station. after the bank on the corner, look downhill, there’s a union jack about 15metres down. Carrer Granja, 30-32.
    dunno if you’re still in bcn, just noticed this thread.

grum
    Free Member

It’s too far to drive in one go. It’s dangerous and stupid. Pick a couple of nice places on the way and have a good meal and a good nights sleep.

A million times this. We did it over about a week and camped in various places in France and the Pyrenees, it was fantastic.

What you’re talking about doing is a really bad idea.

Edit: oh just noticed this is old news.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘I need to drive to Barcelona. Any tips?’ is closed to new replies.